Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #691 of 1,320
Quote:
Damn $70 for a EHHA amp without the pots, psu and umbilical? Man would've jumped on the deal like rabid dog as I have all the parts that amp is missing. :frowning2:

zobinxx if you ever want to let go the amp, let me know. 
wink.gif

Hell no. It looks too good to let go. Even if I have no use for it I will put it in a glass cabinet to show off  
tongue.gif

Now if you're so kind to fills the missing parts, I will write your name in my will 
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #693 of 1,320
Quote:
Hell no. It looks too good to let go. Even if I have no use for it I will put it in a glass cabinet to show off  
tongue.gif

Now if you're so kind to fills the missing parts, I will write your name in my will 
evil_smiley.gif

hehe...

Hell no I'm not filling in for the missing parts. But I do have 3 dual sigma boards populated with matching 240v transformers and 3 balance pots just to tease you :)

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #694 of 1,320
Quote:
I heard this amp at John's place just after he built it.   I was impressed..

I did read about your being impressed while looking for this amp's history. John deserves every bits of the "clean" in Johnwmclean. Kinda wish I got it in one piece since his psu's layout is unique and special.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/471094/diy-psu-layout-looks-like-a

hehe...

Hell no I'm not filling in for the missing parts. But I do have 3 dual sigma boards populated with matching 240v transformers and 3 balance pots just to tease you :)

you have to do this to me right?

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #697 of 1,320
Quote:
no idea, I think they are two separated boards sit perfectly next to each other. I could be wrong, you need to ask the man himself. 

Well in that thread somebody did comment that if you purchase 2 boards from AMB they are dualies. I don't know I'd personally have 2 sigma's running off it's own board in case something messed up you don't need to remove everything just that board itself.

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #698 of 1,320
Quote:
Is there any diyer here can help me build a dual sigma 22 psu ? 
I just got this beauty from John and really looking forward to making it work 
Thanks in advance

I reckon you should try and contact member Fred_fred2004 from the community. He knows his stuff when it comes to DIY and he has helped quite a lot of people here in the forum, myself included.
Maybe try to PM him directly and tell him what exactly you need to do.

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #700 of 1,320
Hey guys,

Head-Fi'er from Brisbane here. Just stumbled across this thread and thought it would be a good place to pose this question as I'm sure a similar thought has crossed your minds before. Does anyone know of anywhere that does in home trials for head gear available to Australians, similar to the lending library service the Cable Company offers to US customers? I have been looking to try some Audeze LCD-2r2's/LCD-3's and a Burson Conductor which are next on my wanted list. Before purchasing anything new I wanted to listen to the equipment and compare them against my current rig (Burson 160DS + Lawton Audio LA-D2000) with my FLAC library. Alternatively, if there are any retail stores in Brisbane area that have these items available for demo that would be awesome (although I haven't found any yet). Maybe there are some meets around Brisbane that would have this equipment present? Just want to get my hands on it before making a decision. :p

I have had a look around and ideally I would go into the Addicted To Audio store to give some stuff a good listen. But going to Melbourne would probably cost most of my equipment budget, anyway. Headphonic from Perth has a trial policy, but I don't believe it extends to a simple in home trial (more of a decent return policy should the headphone be unsuitable, not just I didn't like it so I'm returning it). Which is fair enough because that reduces their re-sale value. No store I've visited (or listed on their website) that they have this tuff for sale, let alone demo in Brisbane. So if anyone else has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back