Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Feb 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #646 of 1,320
Quote:
I think wink has a HE60

side note: really enjoying your DT880s with some music haha, when do you want them back? :)

I have 2 HE60's and find them addictive.

There are HE90's in Australia.

They had one at Len Wallis in Lane Cove for demo a few years back.

I listened to them 3 times and they are still my favourite phones.

mrAdrian: I get back to you in a couple of weeks on the DT88's.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #648 of 1,320
Ahahaha I have a pair on loan from wink xp

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #649 of 1,320
Funny how the HE90 is supposed to be outdated even though it sonically superior to many of the current "reigning" champions of head-fi.

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #650 of 1,320
Quote:
Funny how the HE90 is supposed to be outdated even though it sonically superior to many of the current "reigning" champions of head-fi.

Well the price and it's limited production quantity is a dead giveaway as to why it is still one of the best (if not the best) headphone available (trades blows with the SR-009).

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #651 of 1,320
Quote:

Well the price and it's limited production quantity is a dead giveaway as to why it is still one of the best (if not the best) headphone available (trades blows with the SR-009).

Whilst I do agree that it is the best headphone ever made, (from my limited listening I would place it above the STAX 009); I think it should be noted that prices and/or limited production quantity should NEVER be used as an indication of quality. As far as a price/production quantity to quality ratio goes, something like the HD 800 would beat the HE 90 every time.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #652 of 1,320
Quote:

Whilst I do agree that it is the best headphone ever made, (from my limited listening I would place it above the STAX 009); I think it should be noted that prices and/or limited production quantity should NEVER be used as an indication of quality. As far as a price/production quantity to quality ratio goes, something like the HD 800 would beat the HE 90 every time.

The HE90's were manufactured with having a Limited Edition tag over them for a special niche or the hardcore audiophileus crowd out there.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #653 of 1,320
Quote:
The HE90's were manufactured with having a Limited Edition tag over them for a special niche or the hardcore audiophileus crowd out there.

Hahahaha, I know that, I was more talking about things in general. So just because something is expensive or labeled as limited edition should not be a direct justification for quality. Be it headphones or cars or whatever. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #654 of 1,320
Hey Sydney-based folks, do you know anywhere I might be able to get my old Koss A250s repaired? I really love these phones but the left ear has developed the dreaded buzz 
frown.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #657 of 1,320
There is actually a local Koss repairer who said it would cost about $60. That's over half what I paid for them. Given their SQ is is way, way above what they cost that would be fine, except the build quality isn't great. Hmmmm... decisions.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #658 of 1,320
Quote:
A2A is spreading to Sydney, they should have a store running "Early this year". You could try there, just in case you have no luck sourcing one.

Whoah. There goes my wallet.

I'm bummed I had to miss the last meet. We should arrange another mini meet at UNSW eh Adrian? :D

Speaking of which, I've got some AD900X's for sale if anyone is keen :)

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #660 of 1,320
Quote:
Anyone in NSW, sydney region that owns a pair of dt880's ? i'm that desperate to test a pair before i buy that i will PAY YOU. please ?

You could try to go to storedj(https://www.storedj.com.au/) they all the dt series cans and i think they let you use them before you buy them.....
call them before going just to be sure....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back