Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Apr 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #421 of 1,320
True, but like yourself I already have a portable setup (se535) and a home setup. I have heard the DT1350 before and thought my se535 sounded better and from what I have read DT1350>HD25. So really, I shouldn't be considering the purchase. But I am.

Maybe I can justify it as a backup phone when everything else breaks lol. 

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #422 of 1,320
Should I just buy them, enjoy them for a few months and then sell it off - for a maximum cost of $20?

*facepalm*

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #424 of 1,320
Do any of you guys in Melbourne have custom IEMs? Where do you go to find an Audiologist?

And yeah, I'm selling my IE80. I'll do free shipping to anyone in Australia. :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #425 of 1,320

Quote:

Fellow Australians - DJ Warehouse doing a Easter Special. Sennheiser Adidas HD25's going for $150!!!! This is insane given the recent Jaben deal. The site is seemingly getting hammered so I'm linking to the ozbargain post regarding it.

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/67176

I am sorely sorely tempted.

noooooooooooooooooo! spent $50 more than i needed to. bought them from jaben 16 hours ago T____T

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #426 of 1,320
That is an awesome deal. Even at $200 they were cheap. If I didn't already have the M80's and DT1350's.....

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #427 of 1,320

Quote:
Do any of you guys in Melbourne have custom IEMs? Where do you go to find an Audiologist?

And yeah, I'm selling my IE80. I'll do free shipping to anyone in Australia. :)

There's quite a few in central Melbourne, I got mine done by Hearservice if I remember, there was one at Fitzroy I was going to get done for my impressions for my ES5 last year, but decided not to because a friend of mine (in a local Rock band) got the UE Reference impressions from them the first time and didn't turn out great.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #428 of 1,320
Btw guys, bought 2 HD25 Adidas just now, one for modding (if not modding going to sell it here) and one for personal use :)

EDIT: Changed my mind...cancelled the order..........I really need to save up something better then these.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #429 of 1,320

Aye when you already have headphones and iems. $$$ better spent towards upgrading amps and dacs. :O) 
Quote:
Btw guys, bought 2 HD25 Adidas just now, one for modding (if not modding going to sell it here) and one for personal use :)

EDIT: Changed my mind...cancelled the order..........I really need to save up something better then these.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #431 of 1,320

Quote:
Aye when you already have headphones and iems. $$$ better spent towards upgrading amps and dacs. :O) 

No way! I have too many amp's to begin with.......7 amps and 2 dac's is enough!

Quote:

How much was it? And where is it?

Close to $55 I think it was, I need to find my receipt and form to confirm this. It's located around East Melbourne. Google map's can confirm or there website.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #432 of 1,320
If you get impressions made up make sure that you use a bite block or similar to secure your mouth in a stable semi open position. The audiologist that I went to said it wasn't needed but JH recommended it. I insisted on it and my iems turned out perfectly first time. The cost if the service was no more than $50 from memory.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #433 of 1,320
Yup, I've heard stories of Audiologists saying you don't need it but I'll make sure I insist. They'll definitely have a bite block there, right? And how long does it take?

Quote:
Close to $55 I think it was, I need to find my receipt and form to confirm this. It's located around East Melbourne. Google map's can confirm or there website.

Sounds decent. How was the service? And how did your impressions turn out to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back