Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Jan 4, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #1,038 of 1,320
That was somewhere between the final of the ODI World Cup and the most recent contest of the cricket test series wasn't it?

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #1,040 of 1,320
Hey,

if anyone is looking for some Mojo, drop me a line.
Might be moving mine on.

I purchased it with intentions of getting a semi desktop pair of cans going but funds dont allow and as such the Mojo really isn't being used to its fullest.

Most of my listening is skewed to public transport so the benefits of such an amazing dac are lost.

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,041 of 1,320
addictedtoaudio are having some really good discounts now - just look at the Sale tab on their website.

I just grabbed Ultrasone Performace 880 for $369. I tried these in the shop a few months ago and was impressed, but back then they were full price (over $750).

Jan 18, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #1,042 of 1,320
Thought you guys might like to meet Roger the alpha male Kangaroo on Instagram.

This guy has a page called "The Kangaroo Sanctuary", he brought up Roger from a baby.

At first you think its just a load bull dust, photoshop etc, but that roo is REAL.

You can check the full page here with many other photos of Roger: https://www.instagram.com/thekangaroosanctuary/

Or this 15-second video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BATp9Y8nVuz/?taken-by=thekangaroosanctuary

I've never seen a roo like it before, not that large!

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #1,044 of 1,320
Look at the CANS on that Roo... well pecs 
biggrin.gif

Gday all just joined and sub'd this thread.

Thinking of trying to pick up good value portable second hand headphone amp or player/amp combined if anyone in sydney has a lesser one they want to move on.  I've got some Denon HP700 closed back cans for now but will look for some open back ones in the future once funds permit.

Peace

ps, listening to Lorde - Pure Heroine through the laptop at work at the moment.  Great textures and bass on this album, love the production!  Does an amp/better player really bring more pleasure to the listening experience?

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #1,045 of 1,320
Look at the CANS on that Roo... well pecs :D

Gday all just joined and sub'd this thread.

Thinking of trying to pick up good value portable second hand headphone amp or player/amp combined if anyone in sydney has a lesser one they want to move on.  I've got some Denon HP700 closed back cans for now but will look for some open back ones in the future once funds permit.

Peace

ps, listening to Lorde - Pure Heroine through the laptop at work at the moment.  Great textures and bass on this album, love the production!  Does an amp/better player really bring more pleasure to the listening experience?

Welcome to the thread! I'm glad you found us.

To answer your question, Yes but other variables are also significant. First is the source file. Lossless for me is noticeably better in terms of air and detail. Second is the source player which is a combination of dac implementation and quality components. Third is the amp quality in the Dap itself or a separate discrete amp. Personally I'd recommend a separate amp only if your headphones need the additional power or you're after a certain tonality that a particular amp can offer.

Now all those three I mentioned are the steps to take if your headphones are good enough to maximise the benefits of a better gear setup. Another thing to consider is the synergy between devices. Just because the setup is comprised of quality devices, it doesn't always result into great sonic experience.

All the best.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #1,046 of 1,320
Hey everyone,  just joined this & subscribed.  Great to be amongst peeps who love their audio in Aus & NZ

i want say a big thank you to everyone who posts a review, i used this site to do research to get my v-moda M100's, bought them untried based on reviews here & they suit me like i cant believe.  

just wanted to agree with minidisc & Wing in sydney being awesome to deal with during & after sale.  addicted to audio in Melb guys were great helping me out too.

does anyone have any iem's they are looking to move on?  i am a lover of the v shape & apparently a basshead......only iem's at the moment are marley zion's which i do enjoy thru X5 & S5, but always interested

ta
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #1,047 of 1,320
  Hey everyone,  just joined this & subscribed.  Great to be amongst peeps who love their audio in Aus & NZ

i want say a big thank you to everyone who posts a review, i used this site to do research to get my v-moda M100's, bought them untried based on reviews here & they suit me like i cant believe.  

just wanted to agree with minidisc & Wing in sydney being awesome to deal with during & after sale.  addicted to audio in Melb guys were great helping me out too.

does anyone have any iem's they are looking to move on?  i am a lover of the v shape & apparently a basshead......only iem's at the moment are marley zion's which i do enjoy thru X5 & S5, but always interested

ta
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Firstly welcome!!!

One of my first headphones on here was the M100 also, they are fantastic.

I agree, I have had nothing but fantastic experiences with Wing at Minidisc and also Billy at Noisy Motel.  Addicted to Audio I have had a mixed experience, but that is for another forum page.

You will love it here!

In regard to IEMs I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum in ears that you could have for $40.  The only catch is I only have the IEMs them selves as they are my backup pair and I think my wife has done away with all of the boxes/accessories in one of her cleaning fits.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,048 of 1,320
Wyd4 == thank you!!   still learning best posting practice

a fellow basshead is good to hear 
L3000.gif
   how do you find the ASG 2.5's?  looking at a 2nd pair that are a bit over budget but........difficult to refuse at this point, they are sub$400 - thoughts?

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #1,049 of 1,320
  Wyd4 == thank you!!   still learning best posting practice

a fellow basshead is good to hear 
L3000.gif
   how do you find the ASG 2.5's?  looking at a 2nd pair that are a bit over budget but........difficult to refuse at this point, they are sub$400 - thoughts?

Hey mate,

Oh, your posting was perfectly fine, mine was not so I stopped :p

HAHA Yes I am an unashamed basshead, though not so much so as some folk.

I really liked my ASG2.5, though after a while I found myself wanting more detail up top.
They are great in that you can dial the bass up and down and they do honestly sound really good.  They are not really what I would call V shaped though, as to me, they tended to be bass heavy with nice mids and a smooth treble.  I would consider them dark which is a term you will hear flying around the traps.  But they do sound really great and I would happily recommend them.
My favourite Basshead IEM I have owned was my Tralucent Ref1, but in all honesty, ASG2.5 vs Ref1, in the end I couldnt justify the difference in price so I sold the Ref1, and they are also tuned "dark".

I then heard the Sennheiser IE800.  Which I loved more than the ASG2.5.  It has oodles of bass, but a much nicer (to me, others do not like the treble spikes) treble response and amazing mids.
The bass on the Sennheiser however was more really low end bass.  So RnB tracks and the like some people may not find they have enough bass, however if listening to Dubstep, classical, or almost anything where you dont expect a mid bass assault they actually perform very strongly in the bass. 

I would not however recommend the sennheisers without trying them due to the way they fit (or dont fit).

Good luck in your search!!

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back