Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Mar 17, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #376 of 1,320

Quote:
sometimes australian shops put a markup of 2x on the street price on fleabay... so you can just buy off fleabay and break them. twice.

That is true, one of the reasons why I buy a lot of things off ebay, the only downside is the online market is plagued with a lot fakes.

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #377 of 1,320
Wondering would anyone have the DT880 and willing to trade with maybe any of the gears I have listed - for a week or two. Recently got a chance to audition the K701 in detail, and now I would love to complete my own impressions of the old trio.

Or the HD650 for any of my cans 
bigsmile_face.gif

Send me a pm if interested.

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #378 of 1,320
Hi

figured some headfi was in order now my base 2 chan setup is where i want it to be and as i need a way to listen to music the way i like it late at night, some cans seem to be in order.

i ordered some akg701's and beyer dt880's on the weekend as a starting point and i live in sydney aust, wish me luck on my journey

sj

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #379 of 1,320
Welcome to headfi! Wow going to keep both of them?

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #380 of 1,320

Quote:
Welcome to headfi! Wow going to keep both of them?

maybe......, i want to see how they both sound with a schiit lyr and then make a decision on if i should keep both or not.

i like everything from pink floyd/dire straights to pete tong and harder style house so i think both these cans will cover my tastes in music , at least thats the impression i got after a day of reading forums and reviews.

currently i have an nfb2 dac so i am on the look out for a lyr second hand but i am not in a rush.....my plan is to stream from the SBT to the NFB2 then to a Schiit lyr, that should work OK i think but feel free to correct me if this is a bad combo.

thanks.

sj

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #381 of 1,320
Hey guys! Just wanted to say a hello since I'm in Sydney.

Following on from the topic, the markup seems to be better for brands that aren't as well established in Australia. The price from Addicted to Audio for V-Moda M80's isn't too bad; nor is the lightsounds price for AiAiAi TMA-1's. You have to do a bit of hunting around though, and sometimes you can wrangle for a better price. I've been able to do that for multiple occasions at the Audio Technica store in Westfield Sydney.

Speaking of which, I'm putting up a pair of ATH-AD900's up for sale; they still have 5 months warranty so its a neat deal for any fellow Australian head-fi members. Here's the link. :)

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #382 of 1,320
Just a bump for aussies here, anyone here that is selling there LCD Rev.2 please let me know, also you call tell me about the bass response on them as well, in dire need of one.

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #383 of 1,320
True the price is quite reasonable if you take the price of us retailer and adding shipping plus I can claim tax 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Following on from the topic, the markup seems to be better for brands that aren't as well established in Australia. The price from Addicted to Audio for V-Moda M80's isn't too bad; nor is the lightsounds price for AiAiAi TMA-1's.

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #384 of 1,320
On boxing day, I went down Westfield ath store... Got a pair of ew9 clip ons for 100

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #385 of 1,320
Oh also I think my local hifi shop is selling Yamaha eph100 for 99

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #388 of 1,320
Yeah  I was really contemplating on whether to pay an extra 100 for the Rev.2 over the Rev.1's, but from what I've heard from the review's section for the LCD2, one of the user did a comparison between the two, although Rev.2 just has a slightly improved treble and tighter bass, Rev.1 has more body to its bass and are slightly darker. Mind you I prefer dark, bassy and slightly warm signature headphones over bright end ones anyday. I've got a 2 vintage speaker amp's restored by me to there original working condition and that will surely from what I think will drive these very nicely, a JVC and a Marantz amplifier. I might end up selling the Marantz one though but keep the vintage JVC. Might do some a/b test's soon between the vintage amp's and my naked Jonokuchi tube amp. Hell, just for shiggle's I will do some impressions with the LCD2's and a Fiio E11 portable amp or maybe a moy??
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back