Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Dec 17, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #196 of 1,320

Quote:
Quite a few from the UK, Europe, and Asia, and the odd NZer as well

I would say at least 65% is from north america.

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #197 of 1,320

Quote:
I would say at least 65% is from north america.

And the point of making that little 'fact' in the "Aussie & NZ Head-fiers Corner" was ............?

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #198 of 1,320

Quote:
And the point of making that little 'fact' in the "Aussie & NZ Head-fiers Corner" was ............?

In response to your post regarding where people are from. You know what never mind.

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #199 of 1,320
Signing up 
L3000.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #200 of 1,320
Dec 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #201 of 1,320

Quote:

Just thought some of you would to see some pics of a Woo Audio 6 un-boxing
~ now on demo in the audition room at Addicted To Audio.

Sweet sounding amp, straight out of the box, dynamically it's quite good indeed for $731AUD.

Fantastique! I really love this shot...

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #202 of 1,320

Quote:

Just thought we'd get a corner of Head-Fi going for all Aussie and Kiwi Head-Fier matters,

(Read: Free up the main headphone forum for our late night ramblings while our North American
  and European friends are asleep)

Figure this little thread could be a chance to introduce ourselves and discuss all things
 related to Headphone gear matters in this sun burnt country (oh and the land of the
 long white cloud :))

Could be interesting to chew the fat over where we think the scene is heading and
 share stories over recent meets and that sort of thing.

Fire away! 
smile.gif

When I'm sleepless in NA, I'll stop by the cafe here for a chat...
beerchug.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #205 of 1,320
Thanks! Not going to sleep?

Quote:
+1
good to have ya onboard mate!

Got a gf in HK... Skyping with some logitech webcam and audio out via E7/9 -> ms1000. So sad I can't use wasapi from foobar...

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #207 of 1,320
Well I may as well make my presence from nz known. Are there any more of us out there? Must say it's awesome seeing Melbourne stores getting some woo goodness in. I was pretty terrified shipping mine (and tubes)  from NY but they were packed extremely well and unlike Grado, jack woo was a pleasure to deal with.

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #208 of 1,320

Spoke to George and he'll be shipping out the Woo Audio units with a little personal 1-page guide for general use
 and a pair of latex gloves for owners who are totally new to the wonderful world of tubes.

For those that are new, it is generally recommended that you never touch the tubes with your bare hands
 even when cold, human skin oil can contaminate the glass of the tube causing hot spots during operation
 which will cause the tube to live a short life.

Other tips ~ use for 8 hours at a time and give the tubes a rest by switching it off.

The upgraded Woo tubes should be available too for those desiring a Mega Woo setup.

Next week is Christmas indeed for Melbourne and Santa has been a very bad man - key word..

Dark Star.... 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #209 of 1,320

Quote:

Spoke to George and he'll be shipping out the Woo Audio units with a little personal 1-page guide for general use
 and a pair of latex gloves for owners who are totally new to the wonderful world of tubes.

For those that are new, it is generally recommended that you never touch the tubes with your bare hands
 even when cold, human skin oil can contaminate the glass of the tube causing hot spots during operation
 which will cause the tube to live a short life.

Other tips ~ use for 8 hours at a time and give the tubes a rest by switching it off.

The upgraded Woo tubes should be available too for those desiring a Mega Woo setup.

Next week is Christmas indeed for Melbourne and Santa has been a very bad man - key word..

Dark Star.... 
evil_smiley.gif

eek.gif
  You mean... as in "RS?" Well, indeed!  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #210 of 1,320

Quote:
eek.gif
  You mean... as in "RS?" Well, indeed!  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yep, Ray Samuels this week along with the LCD-3 ~ balanced good times!

Two Dark Stars should make it before Christmas, along with an A10 Thunderbolt and B52, although I believe they have already
 been spoken for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back