Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Apr 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #2,401 of 2,761
So far, cables were made by the same company that makes the stock cables for Westone, as far as i'm aware. May be to a slightly different spec as the other companies. Dale has noted that their are plans to bring a line of replacement cables for Aurisonics IEM's. Don't know yet whether that means in terms of style or in terms of quality/build materials. Only time will tell.

Quote:
I haven't owned the IE8's but I have a hard time believing anyone would have any issues with the ASG-1's build quality, they are just rock solid and the cable is the best I've seen included with a pair of universals. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #2,402 of 2,761

Quote:
So far, cables were made by the same company that makes the stock cables for Westone, as far as i'm aware. May be to a slightly different spec as the other companies. Dale has noted that their are plans to bring a line of replacement cables for Aurisonics IEM's. Don't know yet whether that means in terms of style or in terms of quality/build materials. Only time will tell.

I wouldn't doubt it. They look the same as the cable on my ES5, except the Y split and neck cinch are totally different and the cable feels more supple. The ES5's cable has developed this really annoying memory to it so it's like kinked up in places, similar to my SM3 cable. I've only had the ASG-1 for a few months but so far it hasn't exhibited this annoying memory effect. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #2,403 of 2,761
yeah i don't like that annoying memory effect on the EPIC cables so the ASG-1 stock cable is much better in this aspect. One thing i don't like about it is its slightly long for daily use, and the the memory wire tube part is longer than usual. I hope there will be more selection in customizing the ASG-1 soon... one of the best universal iem investment ever...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it. They look the same as the cable on my ES5, except the Y split and neck cinch are totally different and the cable feels more supple. The ES5's cable has developed this really annoying memory to it so it's like kinked up in places, similar to my SM3 cable. I've only had the ASG-1 for a few months but so far it hasn't exhibited this annoying memory effect. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #2,404 of 2,761

Quote:
I haven't owned the IE8's but I have a hard time believing anyone would have any issues with the ASG-1's build quality, they are just rock solid and the cable is the best I've seen included with a pair of universals. 

I have both, in short:

Here are my current preferences:

Sound
IE 8>ASG-1(stock) without EQ on most songs
ASG-1(EQ'd)>IE 8 on most songs
ASG-1 (filtered)??? IE8 (unsure still haven't had time to test)

The ASG-1's have similar treble as the IE8's
IE8's have heavier bass but the ASG-1 bass feels a lot cleaner
Polar opposite mids: the ASG-1's have upfront (somewhat in your face) mids, the IE8 mids are veiled by the bass

Build
Cable
ASG-1>IE8 (I don't like the long cable of the ASG-1 but the ASG-1 blows the IE8 cable in every other aspect)

IEM
ASG-1=IE8 (can't find any flaws in each unless you consider the ring texture on the ASG-1's a flaw)

Am I missing anything?

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,405 of 2,761
Hm...  Looks like my cable is starting to green...  I thought it'd take a little longer for that to happen :p  Check out the battle scars :)

​
Obviously it's not fully green yet, but it is greening :p 

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #2,407 of 2,761

Quote:
^^^ I was just about to post this same issue. My cables are turning green as well. I will post pics asap

I wouldn't call it an issue.  It's normal for cables (copper cables) to turn green with time :p 

This pictures shows them greener :p

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #2,410 of 2,761
Cables turning green?
That's not a good sign....:/

As for sennheiser vs asg-1 = if you want a capable but possibly the need of eq, asg beats the heck out of the ie range.
asg-1 beats most earphones, technically, but if you will like it....is another thing.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #2,411 of 2,761
I just did a review here (http://www.head-fi.org/t/604964/aurisonics-asg-1-a-review). On the contrary to most of you here, I think the ASG-1 has a great lively feel and awesome texture but there's recessed treble, shouty mids and unnatural vocals. The IE8 and other top tier universals still wins against the ASG-1 by a good margin. I can see though that when Aurisonics gets more experience through years and years of revision, it has the potential to enter and dominate the high end market.

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #2,412 of 2,761

Quote:
I just did a review here (http://www.head-fi.org/t/604964/aurisonics-asg-1-a-review). On the contrary to most of you here, I think the ASG-1 has a great lively feel and awesome texture but there's recessed treble, shouty mids and unnatural vocals. The IE8 and other top tier universals still wins against the ASG-1 by a good margin. I can see though that when Aurisonics gets more experience through years and years of revision, it has the potential to enter and dominate the high end market.

ur link is broken, here u go:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604964/aurisonics-asg-1-a-review

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #2,413 of 2,761
Hey, just to calm everyone down, silver and copper are two metals which always oxidize...  The same properties that make them great as electric wiring also make them susceptible to being tarnished.  As most people with experience with custom IEM cables will tell you, especially silver-plated cables, they all turn green with time.  How green, and how quickly they turn, might vary, but the cables themselves are perfectly usable and this does not *really* reflect on any aspect of the build quality.

(Ps. "Rust" in English specifically refers to iron oxidation, not copper or silver oxidation, so it's technically the wrong word to use here.)

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #2,415 of 2,761
Yea, I haven't really seen any reviews of the AS-1's and yet Dale has claimed it is their top seller. Maybe the AS-1's really are only being taken up by musicians, who don't know about Head-Fi. I hope to start a trend and change this, but I need my AS-1b's to arrive, which still seem to be delayed a week or two. Then I gotta spend some loving time with them to have them burned in before posting a final review. I can however say that Dale has been a pleasure to work with in the customer support section. 

Quote:
I had nothing better to do last night, so I flipped through the majority of the posts (2k+) in this thread...there are only a handful of people that seem satisfied with the ASG-1, and after 2,000+ posts was there any real impressions of the custom???  I like their build and detachable cable, but when terms like hollow & unnatural are used to describe the sound then I will wait for more reviews. It also makes me hesitant when returns are not accepted.

Thanks for your honesty, I was going to label these with a 4 letter moniker but I will not do so as I'm sure others are thinking the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back