Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Mar 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #1,456 of 2,761

Quote:
Does anyone know what kind of cables, other than the one from TF10, will fit the ASG-1?

Also if anyone knows of a thread with FAQs on recabling, different cable materials and their properties, etc. I would be eternally grateful :) I've done a bit of searching but haven't found anything very informative. I know the Silver Ray cable is popular for the TF10; any ideas what it might do to the sound of ASG-1?

Cables compatable with Westone/JH will work with the Aurisonics!

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #1,457 of 2,761

Quote:
Does anyone know what kind of cables, other than the one from TF10, will fit the ASG-1?

Also if anyone knows of a thread with FAQs on recabling, different cable materials and their properties, etc. I would be eternally grateful :) I've done a bit of searching but haven't found anything very informative. I know the Silver Ray cable is popular for the TF10; any ideas what it might do to the sound of ASG-1?

Our good man Average_joe as seen to that

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #1,458 of 2,761

Product Warranty:
Aurisonics will warranty defects or workmanship in either the external shell or the internal components for a period of one year from the original shipping date. Damage or breakage due to abuse, ordinary wear and tear, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, unauthorized repair, acts of God, or modification of, or to any part of the product is not covered by the warranty. As cables encounter the most wear and tear and are subject to constant abuse they are warranted for a period of ninety days from original shipping date against defects or workmanship. Damage or breakage due to abuse, ordinary wear and tear, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, unauthorized repair, acts of God, or modification of, or to any part of the cable is not covered by the warranty.

What do I keep God from destroying ASG-1?

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #1,459 of 2,761
I think that OtterBox should work  
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #1,464 of 2,761

Quote:

Since the Aurisonics models use the standard Westone/JH style cable, any of those types should fit. But the socket is sort of recessed so I bet some aftermarket designs would not fit properly due to their size. I have some Beat Audio cables (Cronus and Supreme) that I've been meaning to try, just to see what the clearance is. Will update when I get a chance.

The TF10 cable in stock form will not fit. You have to do some mods to it if I recall, nothing too difficult though. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #1,465 of 2,761
Well, try as I might, these are just not for me.  They just don't match my preferred sound signature.  I will say that the build quality is excellent. I like the look/design and the cable quality is top notch as well.  I just can't get on with the sound signature for a daily listen.  This is not a fault of their design.  I have no doubt that if I were performing that these would do their job very well.  Although, I'd personally like a little more top end to help lock in on the high-hat and snare.  A special thanks to Matt at Springtree for his excellent customer service, outstanding communication and for sending the Springtree pen.
biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to what Aurisonics has in store for the future.  Happy listening...

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #1,470 of 2,761
Damn.  Should have just wanted until these hit the For Sale forum and saved some bucks, listings for these going up like crazy.  Haven't seen this quick of a secondary market since the W4's, though maybe I'm just exaggerating.

That said maybe I will like them though, kind of like throwing my three go to IEMs into a bag and mashing them all up.  Except maybe replace the semi fatiguing highs of the DBA02, FX700s with the supposed shouty-ness (is that even a word) of the ASG-1 and the SM3's presentation, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back