Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Jan 29, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #76 of 2,761
subscribed, if you start sending the demo unit around, i would jump at the chance to try a custom (demo unit) IEM

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #77 of 2,761
Nice pics, thanks!

Quote:

Dale tells me that my AS-1b is due on 2/7, so I'm excited to hear them. 

They are coming quick, I am looking forward to the comparisons.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #78 of 2,761
Thanks to the USPS I am still waiting for my mold kits to arrive. The box has been bouncing back and forth between NC and TN for 2 weeks now.

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #79 of 2,761

Quote:
No issues with the shape whatsoever. I've been using them for hours at a stretch with no comfort issues. I don't have any customs yet, so I can't comment on how they would compare to one, but they have a nice snug fit. Far more ergonomic than the UE Superfi 5Pro and original Radius DDM I've tried before. No worries about them becoming dislodged or falling out through normal use. However, I do think my ears are pretty close to the average type that universal fit IEMs are designed for, so I would not be surprised to find that I'm in that 90%. I can see how it might be a tricky fit for some people.

Anyway, more pictures of the fit. I apologize for the blurriness but taking a pic of your own ear is tricky.

Looks pretty close to a custom iem. Can you lift the top of your ear a bit during insertion? It looks like they may tuck in under the flap of your ear, for an even more snug/low profile look. 

Quote:
subscribed, if you start sending the demo unit around, i would jump at the chance to try a custom (demo unit) IEM

No problem, I'll keep you in mind!

Quote:
Nice pics, thanks!

They should finish on the 7th, then I gotta wait for shipping. So maybe later that week? My impressions made it most of the way across the country in 2 days, so maybe the return shipping will be just as fast.

Quote:
Thanks to the USPS I am still waiting for my mold kits to arrive. The box has been bouncing back and forth between NC and TN for 2 weeks now.

doh! 

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #80 of 2,761

Quote:
Looks pretty close to a custom iem. Can you lift the top of your ear a bit during insertion? It looks like they may tuck in under the flap of your ear, for an even more snug/low profile look. 

I see what you mean. I think it could very well be meant to fit in there but it's not at the right angle to fit into the fold of my ear at that point. It sort of fits if I pull my ear and push it in there, but it doesn't stay in the fold on its own. Maybe my ears are not as typical of the 90% as I thought they were. They are pretty snug and low profile though. I haven't actually tried it out, but they feel secure enough to go running with. The first picture I put up of the fit makes them look like they stick out more than the really do. The reality lies somewhere between the 2 pics but is closer to the 2nd one.

Are the demo ASG-1s arriving with your AS-1bs? I'm quite curious to see what differences there are.

Quote:

Hey Joe, can you add the AS-1's cable to your cable review thread? I'm curious to find out how they stack up to the competition since the the page mentions that they're compatible with other customs. As well, I'm looking forward to seeing these added to your custom-iem mega-thread! 

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #81 of 2,761

Quote:

I see what you mean. I think it could very well be meant to fit in there but it's not at the right angle to fit into the fold of my ear at that point. It sort of fits if I pull my ear and push it in there, but it doesn't stay in the fold on its own. Maybe my ears are not as typical of the 90% as I thought they were. They are pretty snug and low profile though. I haven't actually tried it out, but they feel secure enough to go running with. The first picture I put up of the fit makes them look like they stick out more than the really do. The reality lies somewhere between the 2 pics but is closer to the 2nd one.

Are the demo ASG-1s arriving with your AS-1bs? I'm quite curious to see what differences there are.

Oh well, as long as it is comfy, then good enough. It really does look more like a full custom than most other items.

I will post pics of both the ASG-1 and the AS-1b when they arrive. I'm curious as well, in terms of both sound and appearance. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #82 of 2,761

Quote:
Soundstage seems oddly narrow at first, but it's probably about average for an IEM. The reason why it may initially seem narrow though is because the soundstage is quite tall.  
Please bear in mind that these impressions may very well be a little influenced by "new toy syndrome", so do take my words with a pinch of salt.

That's somewhat of a bummer, I was hoping for a nice big presentation like the IE8/IE80.  That might be a deal breaker for me, at least to replace my IE8s. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #83 of 2,761
I wouldn't necessarily count out the the ASG-1s out straight away if what you're coming from are the IE8s. Before the ASG-1s arrived, I'd mostly been listening to full-sized headphones or clip-ons so me perceiving the soundstage as being narrow is probably to be expected. In fact, it's probably a compliment about the height of the ASG-1s since the fact that I perceive it to be narrow rather than just plain small means that the height is still fairly impressive for an IEM. Comparing the the ASG-1 and IE8 side to side, there isn't really a substantial difference in actual size, although the IE8 may be a teeny bit wider and is noticeably better at producing a cohesive centre image with the ASG-1 being more left/right in nature. The ASG-1 also has more forward mids so the the IE8 sounds a little more airy in comparison.

Considering that another big draw of the IE8 is their bass, I think I should comment on how it compares to the bass of the ASG-1. The bass on the ASG-1 isn't quite as prominent in the overall signature as on the IE8, but it definitely has more control (even with IE8 on minimum bass setting) and similar if not a smidgen more impact.

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #85 of 2,761
is there anybody here who ordered from singapore? i'm having this error when i'm checking out from the store.  "Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address." 

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #86 of 2,761
It was brought to my attention that I was perhaps pushing the ASG-1 in a little deeper than intended. After making adjustments, I have to say that there is no contest between the bass on the IE8 and the ASG-1. The ASG-1 has a very noticeable advantage in terms of bass impact and definition.

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #87 of 2,761
hi guys. i've ordered 2 AS-1b. 1 for myself & another for my friend. i've to commend on Dale's level of customer serivce. extremely patient in answering all my questions & acceding to my multiple requests. kudos to Dale for this. now it's the infamous waiting game. :)

DKTZ: i can't reply u as there's a limit of 2 msges per day. not too sure y. but i'm getting the AS-1b as well. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #88 of 2,761

Quote:
It was brought to my attention that I was perhaps pushing the ASG-1 in a little deeper than intended. After making adjustments, I have to say that there is no contest between the bass on the IE8 and the ASG-1. The ASG-1 has a very noticeable advantage in terms of bass impact and definition.

Nooooo!!! Already spent my head-fi budget on the ESW9.  Time for me to sell some stuff and get the ASG-1. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #89 of 2,761
Excited to hear the reviews. Looking to purchase either these or the Dream Earz Aud x5. Don't know if I will go with adjustable base though. Something a little warm, great detail but not looking for the most analytical headphone out there. Fairly even sound across mid and highs with a little bass hump and bass that goes very low with some good impact. Wanting to pull the trigger so bad... so hurry up and review these guys :p

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #90 of 2,761

Quote:
hi guys. i've ordered 2 AS-1b. 1 for myself & another for my friend. i've to commend on Dale's level of customer serivce. extremely patient in answering all my questions & acceding to my multiple requests. kudos to Dale for this. now it's the infamous waiting game. :)

DKTZ: i can't reply u as there's a limit of 2 msges per day. not too sure y. but i'm getting the AS-1b as well. 

I agree - Dale is excellent to deal with.

Quote:
Nooooo!!! Already spent my head-fi budget on the ESW9.  Time for me to sell some stuff and get the ASG-1. 

If you wait for a bit you can borrow mine to find out for yourself.

Quote:
Excited to hear the reviews. Looking to purchase either these or the Dream Earz Aud x5. Don't know if I will go with adjustable base though. Something a little warm, great detail but not looking for the most analytical headphone out there. Fairly even sound across mid and highs with a little bass hump and bass that goes very low with some good impact. Wanting to pull the trigger so bad... so hurry up and review these guys :p

Well, we need to actually receive our Arisonics product before we can review anything! Several people should have theirs within the next 2-3 weeks or so. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back