AURISONICS "GET YOUR BASS ON" CONTEST
Nov 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #16 of 57

To me, audio is my life. Nearly every aspect of my life revolves around either the replication or creation of music. The ASG to me, would be a huge boon as a performer and an incredible step for me as an audiophile. After the amount of praise the original ASG 1-1.2 received, it was impossible not be interested in the new ASG line. When rumours of an ASG 2.0 started circulating around head-fi, I was incredibly excited. The ASG 1.2 was such a great performer for it's price bracket,that I really can't imagine what it's definitive upgrade will be like. I guess the only way would be to find out first hand! 

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 57
I should win #0001 because I have been against the odds since I was 17. I was the father of a daughter at the young age of 17. I married my high school sweet heart and we went off to college. Not only did I get my Associates Degree I will be graduating with my B.S. Computer Information Systems degree in 9 days at the age of 24. Only 1.5% of teenage parents receive a degree before they are 30. That makes me the 1 in 150 that accomplished this feat. Music is what made it possible to pull late night study sessions and homework marathons. As I was against the odds before and won, Im back to win against these odds.

Here is the study station. You can see my Gorilla Ears AT5 CIEMs hanging over the right corner of the laptop monitor.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #18 of 57
 Having cerebral palsy affecting both legs and one arm, audio has always been a great way to enjoy myself as I did my stretches and exercises to slow down the regression of my disability. Everything I have in my audio hobby came out of my own pocket as the costs of assistive devices have always been a burden to my parents. Perfect example would be the operation I had a few years back to help improve my muscle tone was funded by stuff my mom had in her safe deposit box. This meant I almost never had an allowance and the bulk of my savings came from the yearly red pocket exchange during Chinese New Year. Because of this, most of my audio experience comes from gear I have borrowed or briefly heard and all my owned audio gear comes from a $700 that I have saved and carefully maintained through resales and various bargains. This is why I believe I deserve the ASG-2 serial 0001 as the ASG-2 is definitely going to be a fun new experience for me and definitely something I would love to try and something I doubt I would ever own otherwise.

My life savings

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 57

I should have serial #0001 of the ASG-2 because it would finally end my Head-Fi journey into IEMs, which started with a Creative EP-630, moved to a triple-driver CIEM, and has proceeded through most of the top tier universals.  If I could have a comfortable, isolating IEM that had bass as textured, detailed and extended as the GR07 I'd be in heaven!

On a more serious note, IEMs with better isolation would be really helpful in me not going deaf - since the main place I use them is during my commute to work on the NYC subway!

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #20 of 57
[size=10pt]Keep the posts and pics/vids coming everyone. We appreciate you taking part in this. Let's get more pics/vids and some truly unique stories, something that is compelling, we need a very good reason you should have number 0001 which is going to be a BADA$$ set of IEMs... I will personally hand build them and they will rock someone's world...[/size]

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #21 of 57
How do i use earphone and audio equipment. My username here probably gives away that i am a swimmer, of quite a high level, and swimming takes up most of my time, training 4 hours a day and competing a fair few weekends. When i compete i like to block everything out before my race and the best way to do that is with headphones. As a kid i had some cheap Sony headphones but when watching US vs Europ at the duel in the pool competition back in 2009, i noticed the infamous Michael Phelps to be wearing some awesome looking headphones, with a big red B on them. In the UK they were unheard of at the time and i looked far and wide trying to find what make they were and it was not until at the airport later that year i saw them, Beats by Dre and i had to get a pair when i got home and after research telling me they were the best thing in the world. To cut a long story short they never impressed and then i stumbled upon this website and understood the true potential of headphones. The Aurisonics ASG-1 was the first IEM that i bought with my own money because it looked so great and i love it to this day. I also use headphones a lot at home because i am always knackered from school, i do not have the energy to do much so i sit on my computer chilling to some tunes. The ASG-2 looks brilliant and i love my ASG-1 dearly and i would love to see how Aurisonics have progressed since my last outing with them. The 001 would be honour as well as look great with the special design but any ASG-2 would really mean a lot to me!

I am going on Holiday on the 11th and would be able to take a very excotic picture with my ASG-1 but i do not get home until the 25th to upload. If you dont mind i will upload and exotic album on the 25th and if not you will have to make do with this picture of them in miserable UK next to a swimming pool, closed because of the awful weather :wink:

Oh and i love the Otterbox so they are safe in the water environment that i spend most of my life!

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #22 of 57
Haven't had much experience with any of your products, but an opportunity to win a free product and it's numero uno? Can't argue with that, so just pick me. Easier said than done. Don't expect a review or anything though, I am terrible at writing those. But what you can expect is me to listen to it happily, then you'd be happy because I am happy. I'd happy because my wallet and ears are happy. My ears and eyes are happy because my IEM collection would only grow stronger. Me and my grades would hate it though, can't study efficiently while listening. But we can forget about that, grades aren't everything in life you know?

P.S My FitEar334 would be happy too.

P.P.S Make everyone happy.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #23 of 57
This is a picture of me being UNHAPPY of the sound of my IEM's during a show. Weak sound and a crappy sealing = BAD TIME .

I recently found out about Aurisonics and I have a really good felling about you guys. Those ASG-2 could just be my piece of pie.

YOU, Aurisoncs can change my audio bad dreams into an amazing sound experience. Let the real power of my bass shine through those little dynamic drivers. I just can't wait to hear them .

I can't shout out that I deserve those IEM , but I do need them and I really want them . I would be super happy even if i get a pair of the frosted finish Asg-2 's . So good luck to everyone !

You can view my picture on the Aurisoncs Facebook page because I couldn't upload my picture in the post.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=512755028743227&set=o.209300975753348&type=1&theater

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 57
A musician i see. I hope you win man, you're in the intended market for the type of gear Aurisonics puts out and would probably really enjoy the ASG-2's. 
Quote:
This is a picture of me being UNHAPPY of the sound of my IEM's during a show. Weak sound and a crappy sealing = BAD TIME .

I recently found out about Aurisonics and I have a really good felling about you guys. Those ASG-2 could just be my piece of pie.

YOU, Aurisoncs can change my audio bad dreams into an amazing sound experience. Let the real power of my bass shine through those little dynamic drivers. I just can't wait to hear them .

I can't shout out that I deserve those IEM , but I do need them and I really want them . I would be super happy even if i get a pair of the frosted finish Asg-2 's . So good luck to everyone !

You can view my picture on the Aurisoncs Facebook page because I couldn't upload my picture in the post.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=512755028743227&set=o.209300975753348&type=1&theater

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #25 of 57
Quote:
A musician i see. I hope you win man, you're in the intended market for the type of gear Aurisonics puts out and would probably really enjoy the ASG-2's. 

Thank's a lot ! After what i saw on this forum , I believe that the hi-fi comunity is very similar to the musicians comunity :) , except maybe the big egos . I like that you guys are open and give advice to people in need .

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #26 of 57
[size=10pt]Have you ever played one song on repeat because it expressed every emotion you were feeling without you having to say a word?  For me it was a number of songs because I was bullied in school as a child, teenager and young adult for being overweight.  Music was my escape and the one thing I could turn to where I would be understood and free of being judged – at least for my size.  Performing on stage was the only place I felt truly at peace. [/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I earned my BA in voice performance and was the lead singer of a 13-piece jazz/swing band all while battling body image issues but before long, my weight finally turned my love of music into a petrifying fear of performing and caused me to walk away in 2004.  I was absolutely devastated.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]2011 brought the birth of my son and I knew I needed to make a change – if not for me than for him.  Earlier this year I started running and am now down 80+ pounds, play soccer 2x/week and run nearly 20+ miles/week.  I will be running my first half marathon in May 2013 - three days after my sweet little man turns 2.  I would love to build a small home studio to make audition cd’s and the ASG-2 would be the catalyst for getting me closer to my dreams.  For me – winning #001 would = winning the lottery and letting my son know that you really can do anything you set your mind to no matter how young or old you may be. [/size]

This is my gear: iPhone 4S, Sony mp3 and my ASG 1.2.  Most of this only gets used after the toddler is asleep so as not to pull, break or damage any of them 
wink_face.gif
  Once I have my home studio set up I do have a MacBook Pro that I got way back in grad school. I don't use the iPad as much for music atm but that may change for the studio as new mic's are being created to be used with it for recording demos.  

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #27 of 57
I wouldn't really say that I deserve the ASG-2. What I will say is that I would be honored to win the 001 serial ASG-2. 

As with almost everyone on this site, music is a major player in my life. My music library consists of about 1,600 handpicked songs that could easily be the soundtrack to my life. What I want from my gear is for them to be a window that lets me fully enjoy my music. 

My perfect earphones would be impeccably balanced - not the weak Etymotic idea of balance, but a sound signature that emphasizes nothing, yet can capably produce the range beautifully. The thing about modern audiophiles is that they forget that bass response is an essential part of music reproduction. Fortunately, you guys at Aurisonics didn't. Along with great mids and smooth, refined treble, the ASG-1 v1.2  had simply the best bass response I've heard from anything in the audio world.

I spoke with Dale over the summer about whether or not it would be worth it to sell a kidney to get the ASG-2. What he told me got me excited. I learned that the AS-2 series uses the same great driver from the AS-1, but adds in special balanced armatures to supplement the highs. This is perfect for me because that would basically mean a more balanced and capable ASG-1, bringing my audio dreams to fruition.

So, why do I want the very first ASG-2 (or any ASG-2 at all, it really doesn't matter to me 
biggrin.gif
)?

It would finally be the catalyst that would forever ban me from this site where wallets come to die. I'd stop being broke from buying earphones I really don't need, and I could start to put money aside for the hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt accrued from my pharmacy school education.

Whaddya say, Aurisonics? 
redface.gif

My gear:

Fiio E10 DAC out to the Fiio E11 amp via line out. Simple, cost-effective, and works great.

Fed by my laptop. I call her Sweetness.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #28 of 57
Here's some deductive reasoning of why I should get the ASG-2 Serial Number 0001 (Word Count: 192 in total):

Original premise (slogan): Hear it, Live it
Basic thought process: Following the rule P -> Q

P->Q: If you hear it, then you live it
P(Ken): Ken Hears it
Deduction Q(Ken): Ken lives it
-----------------------------------------------
Combined ( P(Ken) & Q(Ken) ): Ken hears it and lives it

New logical premise introduced: The Winner of the Aurisonics contest should "Get's their Bass On"

W -> B: If you are the winner, you got your Bass on
(P & Q) -> B : If you hear it and live it, then you got your Bass On
P(Ken) & Q(Ken): Ken hears it and lives it
Therefore B(Ken): Ken Got his Bass On
(Lot's of other really difficult math goes here) <---- Don't worry, I double checked it myself :-D
Therefore W(Ken): The winner is Ken (Yay Me!)

Tera Player with AS-2's and AS-1's(resting on the trackpad to a MacBook Pro) All on top of a section of my CD Drawer where I store all the CD's of the music I listen to. Even got some vinyls.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #29 of 57
Here's some deductive reasoning of why I should get the ASG-2 Serial Number 0001 (Word Count: 150 in total):

Original premise (slogan): Hear it, Live it
Basic thought process: Following the rule P -> Q

P->Q: If you hear it, then you live it
P(Ken): Ken Hears it
Deduction Q(Ken): Ken lives it
-----------------------------------------------
Combined ( P(Ken) & Q(Ken) ): Ken hears it and lives it

New logical premise introduced: The Winner of the Aurisonics contest should "Get's their Bass On"

W -> B: If you are the winner, you got your Bass on
(P & Q) -> B : If you hear it and live it, then you got your Bass On
P(Ken) & Q(Ken): Ken hears it and lives it
Therefore B(Ken): Ken Got his Bass On
(Lot's of other really difficult math goes here) <---- Don't worry, I double checked it myself :-D
Therefore W(Ken): The winner is Ken (Yay Me!)

(I'll include a picture tonight when I have a chance to take a picture)

That was amazing. Guys stop the contest kenman should get serial #1.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #30 of 57
Here is a pic of my amazing ASG-1.2s:

The place might not be interesting, but this is how I enjoy my music: in peace. One of the reasons why I chose to go the IEM route in the first place is to get that intimate presentation of music that brings me to amazing places. I may physically be in the living room (where the picture was taken) with the ASG-1.2s plugged into my ears, but mentally I'm at the stage with Freddy Mercury belting it out or at the front seat of concert halls watching Karajan and listening to the full force of the Berliner Philharmoniker. . Sometimes, I'm transported to Tomorrowland partying with the Swedish House Mafia, Avicii and the rest of the crowd. Such an experience I believe can be taken even further with Aurisonics' latest creation. Hopefully, with the ASG-2s, I'll truly be able to "Hear it, Live it..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back