Aurisonics ASG-1 worth it?
May 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

silversx

New Head-Fier
i'm very interested in picking these up.. actually on the verge

i have tried every single major universal out there.. i currently have tf-10 being reshelled by fisher on order.. i figured i would try CIEM first before i shell out huge bucks.. since i got the tf-10 for free.. off they went

as far as universals are concerned.. i have tried way way way too many.. westone 4r um3x senn ie80 pfe232 shure 535 klipsch x10i atrio mg7 ety er4p and so on

currently the only one i have is the um3x which i find to be the most appealing to me as far as sounding good.. but the sound stage is not great.. i use them for DJing.. so they're great for that.. however for regular listening they're a bit close or not 3d whatever you call it..

i was reading all the stuff about the new 1.2 revision of asg-1 and i thought they may be good for me since they're stage monitors much like um3x but dynamic so more fun for regular music listening? more airy? bigger stage?

i will continue to use um3x for djing most likely .. my genres are strictly electronic.. tech house, dubstep, trance etc etc etc

help

May 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Reviews say yes, but with right fit. But for some, they cannot get fit or they are uncomfortable, so milage varies.

May 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 5
I almost pulled the trigger on one.  Then my friend practically the same ear size as me told me he sold them due to the terrible fit, I was automatically turned off.

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 5
I was dubious about fit myself and, first few times I tried the fit was pretty poor.  I almost sold them immediately - and I'm used to IEM and CIEM fitting.  However, I found the review by Sonny (http://www.head-fi.org/products/aurisonics-asg-1-generic-fit-iem/reviews) to be very helpful in getting the memory wire use correct.  After this, the fit was superb - better than any proper custom imho (and I have Heir, UM, ACS and Minerva customs).  Isolation is great (dangerously so outside) and comfort is unbelievable.

I'd be a bit of an evangelist for these and Dale.  Resale value is much higher than a proper custom so there's little to lose by trying.  ymmv, of course.

Tom

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey guys! Glad my review helped, though I have never used customs I find them so comfortable on the same level as my PFE even. I have not tried new Rev but I loved old Rev but the new one is meant to be very different but I still give them my reccomendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back