Aurisonics ASG-1: DIY Filters and Some Tweaks [will void warranty :P]
May 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 20
I think nothing can really be done with the treble anymore, so I am now using it with my RockBoxed Fuze with treble setting at +6 and I am quite happy with the sound.

May 17, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #17 of 20
Got the chance to work further on my ASG1s and as a tribute to Avengers' Hulk and the cables turning to green, I made use of the green clay to fill up the space at the back of the cover
biggrin.gif

This somehow helped on letting me hear a bit more treble energy. I listened to my Fuze>ASG1 on the way to office with the treble setting at 0dB.

I can now hear clearer midbass and still hoping the bass could be tighter, but keeping in mind that I am only using the Fuze as source, it's a bliss to listen to this combo. I can now hear vocals soar in my head without hurting my brain due to shoutiness - checked this with Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing and I WIll Always Love You + Jane Siberry's It Can't Rain All The time. Vocals and instruments sounds very easy to listen to, they sound very natural which lets me enjoy the music intimately. The mids shine in the overall presentation followed by the bass [MDR7550's bass I think still remains superior here] and then the treble takes the background stage - it's there just not on the spot light like how DBA02 presents it.

Overall I am very much liking it!

May 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
Got the chance to work further on my ASG1s and as a tribute to Avengers' Hulk and the cables turning to green, I made use of the green clay to fill up the space at the back of the cover
biggrin.gif

This somehow helped on letting me hear a bit more treble energy. I listened to my Fuze>ASG1 on the way to office with the treble setting at 0dB.

I can now hear clearer midbass and still hoping the bass could be tighter, but keeping in mind that I am only using the Fuze as source, it's a bliss to listen to this combo. I can now hear vocals soar in my head without hurting my brain due to shoutiness - checked this with Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing and I WIll Always Love You + Jane Siberry's It Can't Rain All The time. Vocals and instruments sounds very easy to listen to, they sound very natural which lets me enjoy the music intimately. The mids shine in the overall presentation followed by the bass [MDR7550's bass I think still remains superior here] and then the treble takes the background stage - it's there just not on the spot light like how DBA02 presents it.

Overall I am very much liking it!

I'm thinking the clay acts a bit like the new material used for the shell to reduce the resonance. By the way, the second picture  looks a bit like the shell was polished.

Btw I think you should change the thread title so it doesn't mislead others into thinking the filters will void your warranty too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back