Aurisonic ASG Prototype Early Listening Experience and Tour
May 3, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #16 of 72
Great write up, your worded it really nice. Great sense of mystery as well as letting us know a brief outline!
What you wrote about dale is quite unbelievable and the amount of attention to detail that he knows about us as a community is so great. I've dealt with him and know how nice and dedicated he is to the best products but that should manage too boost the community's already awesome opinion if Dale. As your probably read it Dale all I can say is keep it up!

Also mate that must have been so great getting the tour!

May 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #17 of 72
Quote:
Great write up, your worded it really nice. Great sense of mystery as well as letting us know a brief outline!
What you wrote about dale is quite unbelievable and the amount of attention to detail that he knows about us as a community is so great. I've dealt with him and know how nice and dedicated he is to the best products but that should manage too boost the community's already awesome opinion if Dale. As your probably read it Dale all I can say is keep it up!
Also mate that must have been so great getting the tour!

It was really cool. He was super busy and I had to travel with him to an appointment to meet an pretty big name around here in the IEM realm, but he let me tag along and I got to see some really exotic things. What impressed me and IEM guy, who I shall not name, was how Dale was able to alter the housing so quickly and efficiently making it possible for him to fit drivers, and strategically place and test them, on the go so he can experiment and adjust things so quickly. Talking about extremely quick. Having worked with some of the engineering software Dale does I was very impressed with his very high level of expertise in it and what he's been able to make them do. I mean this is dissertation level stuff from a guy who has a degree in a completely different field plus all the medical knowledge of the ear he has, that gives him the mobility to rapidly change things. Understandably he couldn't go to in depth with his proprietary solutions, but on a technical side, I was blown away and if I ever go back for my masters I may ask him for help with my homework :p

May 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #18 of 72
Sounds sick, especially when you put on top that it seems by the radically different times at which Dale ends up answering emails that he has the sleeping habits of a college student. I guess all that time awake is well spent.
Quote:
It was really cool. He was super busy and I had to travel with him to an appointment to meet an pretty big name around here in the IEM realm, but he let me tag along and I got to see some really exotic things. What impressed me and IEM guy, who I shall not name, was how Dale was able to alter the housing so quickly and efficiently making it possible for him to fit drivers, and strategically place and test them, on the go so he can experiment and adjust things so quickly. Talking about extremely quick. Having worked with some of the engineering software Dale does I was very impressed with his very high level of expertise in it and what he's been able to make them do. I mean this is dissertation level stuff from a guy who has a degree in a completely different field plus all the medical knowledge of the ear he has, that gives him the mobility to rapidly change things. Understandably he couldn't go to in depth with his proprietary solutions, but on a technical side, I was blown away and if I ever go back for my masters I may ask him for help with my homework :p

May 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #19 of 72
Quote:

Kinda makes me want to do an internship at Aurisonics :D

May 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #20 of 72
Agreed, but also makes me wish i lived near Orlando so i could go pick up whatever I order ASAP
Quote:
Kinda makes me want to do an internship at Aurisonics :D

May 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #22 of 72
Quote:
Internship, I want a paying job!  This company is going places!  Maybe it's time to go back into the audio/retail industry, it's been about 15 years for me. 

Paid internship... :p 

May 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #23 of 72

The technology seems amazing and I wish I had the opportunity to see it!

I think any company can adjust to consumer critisicm in what, less than 2 months and then offer ridiculously cheap revision why working on a plethora of other things at the same time, it is clear that they are going some where. Sony may have the same or better technology but they are not revising the XBA-4 to say some faults you had with any time soon if ever at all. The whole company is just amazing!

Just thought I'd say my ASGs are in now with my Cowon J3, flat EQ and you can guess its bloody awesome !!!!

May 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #25 of 72
Quote:
I can pretty much guarantee in 3-10 years Aurisonics will rival companies like Sennheiser or AKG in success and size

Well, you also have to remember Sennheiser and AKG don't do customs either :p  And Aurisonics is a customs company first (in this day and age).  Of course, any of this can change :)

May 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #27 of 72
Quote:
Iltimate ears would have been a better comparison in my eyes!

Westone as well. Maybe Dunu too (but they aren't really big yet; or world-wide customs-wise).  I do see Aurisonics growing large though if they continue this :)

May 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #29 of 72
Seriously, this is one of those times when I'm just moved by someone's passion for their work. Achieving a level of expertise and overall knowledge of not just the engineering aspect but understanding of the anatomy and computer savvy to construct these himself is the true mark of a dedicated professional. I'm expecting some great works to be coming from Aurisonics in the near future, but just knowing that they are being led by someone so dedicated, hardworking, and meticulous is a recipe for success. In all this frenzy of expansion and redesigning, etc, I hope he finds time to relax and take a break. Burn out is definitely one of the hardest things to overcome when it hits :frowning2: 

Anyways, great post Jaysins, you're really one lucky sob :) 

May 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #30 of 72
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the little bit of info and insider peek at the company. They will be my first customs and I'm happy to give Dale some more of my money. The sound signature of the prototype I heard is pretty close to my ideal with emphasis in just the right places. They really do cover the frequency range better than the ASG-1's; Dale would bring up the original thread a lot when discussing what to change and what to leave the same. I was able to throw some very difficult tracks at them, my favorite being "Into My Skin" by Trentemoller. Anyone who listens to that track will know how brutal it gets around 5:30 and how you can just feel most headphones give out, but these performed better than any IEM I've ever heard with this track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back