Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Feb 20, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #77 of 985
Hi, Have you hear some hum when paring Utopia?

I got the tubes and can confirm I hear no hum pairing the Nirvana with Mullard tubes on any of my headphones. The new tubes sound really good and are a clear improvement to the stock ones, imo.

Just wanted to update.

Feb 20, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #78 of 985
Hi guys
I got the tubes and can confirm I hear no hum pairing the Nirvana with Mullard tubes on any of my headphones. The new tubes sound really good and are a clear improvement to the stock ones, imo.

Just wanted to update.
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience. I have already figure out the hum is from my dac’s transformer. I switched to Qutest and the Nirvana is dead quiet now. I’m still looking forward to other DAC which is best for Nirvana. Maybe I go for tt2 for next.
My tube selection is RFT 12au7 and Siemens RFT el34, big improvement than stock tubes too. Especially the RFT el34, make soundstage twice larger.

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #79 of 985
Hi guys

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience. I have already figure out the hum is from my dac’s transformer. I switched to Qutest and the Nirvana is dead quiet now. I’m still looking forward to other DAC which is best for Nirvana. Maybe I go for tt2 for next.
My tube selection is RFT 12au7 and Siemens RFT el34, big improvement than stock tubes too. Especially the RFT el34, make soundstage twice larger.

I'm glad you figured it out! I'm also using Qutest and find it to be dead quiet.

What about Qutest makes it not the best for Nirvana? Curious on your thoughts because I really like it and don't really see how it could be much improved?

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #80 of 985
I'm glad you figured it out! I'm also using Qutest and find it to be dead quiet.

What about Qutest makes it not the best for Nirvana? Curious on your thoughts because I really like it and don't really see how it could be much improved?
hi,now I know power isolation is most important thing for tube amplifier.
I believe there still room improve the sound on dac part, Qutest is great, but compared with my element x, the Qutest missed some detail is noticeable. I would like to try more dacs in future.

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #82 of 985
hi,now I know power isolation is most important thing for tube amplifier.
I believe there still room improve the sound on dac part, Qutest is great, but compared with my element x, the Qutest missed some detail is noticeable. I would like to try more dacs in future.
I understand what you mean.

I ended up buying a used Chord DAVE and an M Scaler, and the just from the Qutest is absolutely monumental.

May 15, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #86 of 985
Jul 9, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #90 of 985
First thing is change the tubes!
Sounds pretty incredible right out of the box!

Though I ordered black and got the red special edition, which was a surprise?! Not sure how I feel about that.

Attachments

• IMG-0852.jpg
    IMG-0852.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back