Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
May 10, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #31 of 985
The Nirvana is in a different league in that it drives every headphone, The world-class reference amp is liquid a transparent has different tubes and preamp section and the Euterpe is about 70 percent but nic enough for most headphone an excellent buy if you want an all in one system.
I agree that the Nirvana is a world class reference amp. It drives planars and dynamics equally well. It’s extended at both ends, dynamic, and it produces a wide and deep soundstage along with pinpoint imaging and separation. Build quality, sound quality, and features are world class. One feature that I’ve found to be really useful is the impedance selector. This allows the user to select from 5 different optimized impedance settings for low to high impedance headphones. Planars are not affected as much by amp output impedance as dynamics. I’ve found that the impedance setting does affect my ZMF and Focal headphones and having the ability to dial it in for my tonal preferences has been really useful. It gets the best out of any headphone I’ve tried with it and it’s my end game amp.

May 25, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #32 of 985
Hello,
Has anyone compared Nirvana to AudioValve Solaris/RKV Mk3? I am considering one of these amplifiers for my LCD-4. Unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to listen to them before buying, so any advice will be highly appreciated. Which of these amps will handle rock music better?

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #33 of 985
Hi,
have anyone tried Abyss 1266 with Nirvana?

Jul 25, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #35 of 985
Thanks, thinking about buying Nirvana for some time and I am curious power. I found my Milo not powerful enough from time to time... Depends on the recording.

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #37 of 985
Hi,
have anyone tried Abyss 1266 with Nirvana?
I owned a 1266 cc previously with the Nirvana. And I have the opportunity to compare with the trafomatic audio primavera. The Primavera wins in every way. I personally would not suggest pairing nirvana with 1266 cus from my experience the nirvana cannot well serve a power monster like 1266. But regarding the huge price gap between the nirvana primavera the difference in sound is considerable.

Aug 24, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #38 of 985
I owned a 1266 cc previously with the Nirvana. And I have the opportunity to compare with the trafomatic audio primavera. The Primavera wins in every way. I personally would not suggest pairing nirvana with 1266 cus from my experience the nirvana cannot well serve a power monster like 1266. But regarding the huge price gap between the nirvana primavera the difference in sound is considerable.
Wasn't the Nirvana designed with the Susvara in mind? The 1266 takes a similar amount of power I thought?

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #39 of 985
Long time listener on this site - wanted to add my 2 cents on the Auris Nirvana. Long time tube amp guy for my 2 channel hi-fi and have sought the same tube sound for my HP's. To me, the HE 1k's require quite a bit of power to fully bloom. I've owned an IFi ICAN Pro and the Wells Audio Milo. They're both great and powerful amps with lots of good things about them, but to my ears, they lacked the tube sound I was seeking. Enter the Nirvana. I just received the amp and am burning it in and haven't begun any tube rolling as of yet. The power is authoritative as the Milo - if not more so. While the Milo is no means the most detailed, analytical amp -some would say warm - the Nirvana brings both the warmth and listenability that I think make tubes worth the effort. And unlike some tube amps (Feliks) it does this without a breathing hard. There's tons of headroom and a super wide soundstage. I've heard quite a number of high end amps and the Nirvana is about the best I've heard and the pairing with the Hifiman HE1K v2 is exquisite.

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #40 of 985
I just received a Nirvana. Loving it so far. I guess I’m a little confused about the 4 pin XLR headphone out. I understand that this is a single ended amp which to me makes me think the XLR would be for convenience only and does not offer any improvement to the se output. However I compared my Audio Technica AT-AWAS and their is no doubt it sound a lot better with the XLR cable.

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #41 of 985
I believe those are two different concepts - amplification and outputs. You can have a single ended amp (single power source on the + side with a common ground for the - signal but the speaker side is not grounded and therefore a balanced output is possible. Your ears are not deceiving you.

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #42 of 985
Definitely appreciate the answer my friend. Makes sense

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #43 of 985
A little write up about the Audio Technica AWAS being compared on 3 amps. The last being the Nirvana.

I wanted to chirp in on the AWAS. I have tried it on 3 amps with the same source. I 1st heard it on the Ifi Pro iCAN using the balanced XLR cable. I found the sound was meh. not energetic just boring. I then tried the se cable and it was much better , yet i still wasn’t in love with the cans though. Then I tried my PrimaLuna EVO 300 Integrated. It does not have a XLR connection and so I listened with the se cable.Much better sound. There it is, the sound I was hoping for. Warmth with detail. Space and air. Dynamic yet delicate at the same time. Yesterday I received a Auris Nirvana. I first listened with the single ended cable. This amp is just so smooth. It makes this very musical headphone even more musical. It drives out more details but adds more air and 3D sound. The mids were not quite as forward as the PrimaLuna. I then tried the XLR cable. Holy cow, now this headphone sounds like it is a totl headphone. Everything is better...I mean everything! more dynamic, more bass, tighter impactful bass. The soundstage is as big as you can expect out of a closed back. I can’t get over what I heard. These are my only closed back besides a OLLO S4R (which is phenomenal for its price) and it is such a good compliment to my Utopia and my Verite which I will have soon.

Sep 20, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #44 of 985
My primaLuna Pacifically says not to have the amp on without a headphone plug-in if the headphone mode. I like to warm up the tubes but I wonder can I have the amp on without a headphone attached on the Nirvana?

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #45 of 985
I'm also considering the Auris Nirvana for when I scoop up a pair of Susvaras. I exchanged some emails with Auris and they said that they get inquiries all the time from Abyss 1266 Phi owners asking if this amp can sufficiently drive the Phis. They said it is a great pairing. I'd don't see any reason not to believe that considering the Phi is a tad bit easier to drive than the Susvaras. The other option for is the Woo WA33 but it's a significant step up in price. Anyone tube rolling yet with the Nirvana?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back