Auris HA2 SF
Jan 14, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #271 of 376
Has anyone been using a Logitech Harmony remote with an Auris amp? I’ve looked through the Logitech database and don’t see capability with Auris unless you teach the remote the codes. I’m looking at an Auris that doesn’t come with a remote and trying to avoid buying one…

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #273 of 376
It should be one of the most underrated Tube amp on the market. It drives power hungry headphones and no noise with the sensitive ones.
It convinced me in a short time to go Nirvana!
34A48C50-7E2B-4714-913B-C6C09C93F91B.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #274 of 376
It should be one of the most underrated OTL on the market. It drives power hungry headphones and no noise with the sensitive ones.
It's not an
It should be one of the most underrated OTL on the market. It drives power hungry headphones and no noise with the sensitive ones.
Its not an OTL (output transformer-less) amp. It does have an output transformer

Jan 30, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #275 of 376
nice pic. the vu meters look especially bright. you can also see some very nice detail on the tubes, including the auris writing on the glass.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #276 of 376
Hi,

I have bought this amp. Running it with Pegasus dac. A few questions for fellow users...1) Both Hi and Low voltage lights are burning in power supply when amp is on. Is this normal? 2) Volume is strange. Dac is connected by xlr and headphones are run by balanced cables. Between eight to nine o'clock is max i can go with most of my headphones (hd800, hedd and so on). With HE6 i can go 10 o'clock. Low gain. How much volume control range do you have in your amp?

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #277 of 376
I'm going to receive the Amp today, and I plan to have all the week, including weekend, of test.
I have two Grado: RS1E and GS1000, Audeze LCD-X and the Klipsch Heritage HP.
I think to be able to answer and report you my feeling after this long test session completion.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #278 of 376
Yes, it is normal for both lights on the external power supply to light up during operation. Regarding your volume control question, as stated, I believe a lot has to do with headphone efficiency but also with your DAC's output. With my current DAC the Denafrips Ares II, running Meze Empyreans in high gain mode, my normal volume swing is between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock depending on album or track gain. In the low gain setting, I'm between noon and fully pegged, so I keep things in high gain mode. I have not noticed a difference in sound quality with either setting.

On a side note, I really can only get my VU meters to move in low gain mode switch is a bit of a shame. I have those rather large meters and they really don't move much with my settings. I'd also recommend trying the amps in the single ended RCA inputs and 1/4" output plug and to me, it definitely sounds better than when using the amps balanced connections.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #279 of 376
In addition to my feedback regarding gain, I forgot to mentions that I'm using HQPlayer though Roon playing DSD so my music software also attenuates my gain a bit so take that into consideration.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #280 of 376
both lights on the external power supply turn on for me as well. i do find it odd that on low gain (or even high) you would be maxed out on volume with the hedd which by most accounts and measurements is a fairly difficult headphone to drive. i think maybe it is the output of your dac; perhaps there is a setting that can be changed. for my headphones i am generally at 10-12 on the volume using the low gain setting (xlr interconnects too). often i just set the volume of the amp to 12 and then adjust using the volume of my audio music player (foobar2000). i do it this way because i can control foobar remotely via an app.

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #281 of 376
both lights on the external power supply turn on for me as well. i do find it odd that on low gain (or even high) you would be maxed out on volume with the hedd which by most accounts and measurements is a fairly difficult headphone to drive.
I had a Heddphone and it is not really hard to drive to high volume for any desktop setup (of the ones I tried).

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #283 of 376
It should be one of the most underrated Tube amp on the market. It drives power hungry headphones and no noise with the sensitive ones.
I'm in the same spirit and I'm also looking for a Nirvana

Feb 13, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #285 of 376
I was planning to share my first review / impressions on Auris HA2-SF, and that's it!
Very long story...
I've found a good Price for a demo and purchased it, when the good arrived, it defected immediately on Gain switch on the rear back. The Italian shop immediately connected with Auris HQ and I got a replacement by a totally new item.
Explanation: this gain selector feature has been abandoned in the new unit design because too few robust (... My conclusion... and because this gain selector was used to remain damaged during currier transport. )
No doubt, very good sample of customer focus by both, Auris and Italian shop.
The replacement arrived, and with big surprise, it's still with gain selector on the rear back... however, it works now without problems... shall be the same "tomorrow " ? I don't know!
Very disappointed, I connect again with Italian shop and I understand that Auris is like a really small company, where every unit is almost hand-made, and any item is almost / like a prototype.
Said that, when you purchase a Auris item, cross your fingers and let's see!
In any case, without any prejudice, I want test the unit.
As aesthetics, it is really beautiful amplifier.
I tasted the HA2-SF comparing it to a Shiit Mjolnir2 with Amperex HP valve.
Input units: Marantz SACD Saky-Ruby, (so far the best DAC I ever tested) and Topping D70s.
I tested the Auris, in two config. ways: connected directly to inputs, and through a Mcintosh MA9000 output, XRL balanced and Direct outputs.
Headphones: Grado RS1E and GS1000, Klipsch HP-3, Audeze LCD-X.
Config that performed better is with Marantz SACD direct connection... no doubt!
Auris sound dynamic amplitude and dimensions have been immediately came out with an incredible quality.
Details very sharp and well separated. Sound style is warm, but not too much, never exaggerated and always reasonably balanced... obviously, it's my opinion only!
2000mA available power is a huge stock of power, and let me say Auris does not lose the competition with Shiit Mjolnir 2 neither on this field, while it should !!!
If rear back gain selector shall resist to time, no by knows, by the way I consider it ever very suitable and useful for various needs and headphones ohm designs.
I tested with stock valves, and according to many your and network comments, I shall not change anything than it is like today.
I don't give too many details on music I used as test, to avoid to be too long, but everything has been first quality recording CD or HD files, Diana Krall, Rebecca Pidgeon, Aeron Neville, Hans Theessink. . .
It would be even a prototype, but Auris HA2-SF is an incredible good and quality amplifier.
I don't know how many competitors can leverage the same quality in this Price and 2x range, but at least for the unit I tested, I can only say that it's fantastic!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back