AURALiC Vega
Sep 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 118
Prepare yourself for a long burn-in period of about 450 hours.

Sep 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #17 of 118
  Fresh from UPS. Starting the burn.......
tongue_smile.gif

Respect. Very jealous!

Sep 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #18 of 118
& I agree, it's amazing there isn't more talk about this dac. Imo it ticks many of the boxes for the perfect dac at well below "perfect dac" prices.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #20 of 118
I've only had 1-2 hours with it, and only with my headphone rig, no speakers. Initial impressions are very favorable. It's easily equals the Hilo and betters it in a few ways. Bass quality seems to be the first thing I noticed. Punchier, tighter, and a bit deeper. Overall dynamics seem a little better. Quick and very musical seems like a good description. Others have said that it makes redbook (16/44) seem better and my early impressions mirror this. At this point all listening has been using the USB input. Mac Mini>WyWires USB>Vega DAC.

The burn in continues.......

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #22 of 118
Well I kind of agree with the reviews that say it has more of a front row presentation. That said, I hear more room reflections from the recording studio then I've ever heard before with other DAC's. Low level detail is just fantastic with this unit.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #26 of 118
Nice Andrew!! Good to see another one being enjoyed in CA.

I hear you, this DAC conveys so much information that it's an assault on your senses in a very good way. Incredibly detailed, yet still musical, and of course the great bass.......

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #28 of 118
  Nice Andrew!! Good to see another one being enjoyed in CA.

I hear you, this DAC conveys so much information that it's an assault on your senses in a very good way. Incredibly detailed, yet still musical, and of course the great bass.......

Wow, tried some hi-rez material with Exact clock last night, my jaw dropped to the floor! Which filter do you use, default (4)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back