AURALiC Vega
Apr 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 118

mcullinan

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/auralic5/1.html
Looks like a very yummy contender, albeit expensive. Its gotten a few great reviews already. Ill have to start saving my sheckles! :)

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 118
Last week I took my Zana Deux, Laptop and HD800 to Audio Doctor in Jersey City and auditioned the vega. I was so impressed with its sound in my setup I ordered one.

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 118
Compared it to my Anedio D2 and it was clearly in a whole other league. I was really happy with the D2 in my setup, the only thing I felt  missing was a little bass impact and body. With the Vega I got the impact I knew to be on specific tracks, more musical details and an incredible soundstage. I could more clearly hear the different layers of sounds and instruments. Although this was the highest resolving DAC I had listened to, it was smooth/ liquid and non fatiguing at the same time.  

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 118
Interesting DAC, I almost ordered one the other day.
eek.gif

Market reaction is quite interesting too, first a burst of extremely positive reviews like everywhere and now almost total absence of discussions, here or on CA. 
confused.gif

Main competitors - ExaSound e20 and Metrum Hex are more popular topics on the boards than this one. Of course there is also new Audio GD Master 7.
Decisions, decisions?

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 118
  Interesting DAC, I almost ordered one the other day.
eek.gif

Market reaction is quite interesting too, first a burst of extremely positive reviews like everywhere and now almost total absence of discussions, here or on CA. 
confused.gif

Main competitors - ExaSound e20 and Metrum Hex are more popular topics on the boards than this one. Of course there is also new Audio GD Master 7.
Decisions, decisions?

I almost ordered one as well, and then I noticed the same thing that you pointed out - very little discussion about it.

Not sure which DAC I'm going to go for at this point.  I need something in a reasonably small package (Master 7 is way too big).

Sep 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #9 of 118

I almost ordered one as well, and then I noticed the same thing that you pointed out - very little discussion about it.

Not sure which DAC I'm going to go for at this point.  I need something in a reasonably small package (Master 7 is way too big).

Internals looks quite scary too, so many things that can break.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back