AURALiC owners unite!
Mar 6, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #1,668 of 2,392
The lcd3f balanced input and output sound good with jazz and smaller chamber music because of the separation of instruments.  The dynamic/power helps with the imaging and resolving but can be a touch analytical or dry even though the planars are warm.  However I find the amp a little warmer single ended. You can also drift listening to one detail to another but it is a cohesive sound- there is a balance because the prat keeps it together. Particularly for listeners of faster genres of rock, metal, hip-hop etc. will appreciate this amps signature I think.  The euphonic quality of this amp is this juggling act - like every object separated/tossed in the air - but the speed/timing keeps it together.

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #1,670 of 2,392
Does anyone knows if now ARIES support ROON ?  If yes, how to use ROON with ARIES

thanks

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #1,672 of 2,392
Yes it does

So... How to make it work ? On what device do I load and run ROON ?? ( I do not want to add a computer in my music set-up ! But.... are there some NAS on which I can load and run ROON ? )

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #1,673 of 2,392
So... How to make it work ? On what device do I load and run ROON ?? ( I do not want to add a computer in my music set-up ! But.... are there some NAS on which I can load and run ROON ? )

All I can tell you is how I use it.
Roon is installed on my computer (where my music lives) and the Roon app is installed on my iPad. Under your settings on the Lightening DS app for your Airies, there is an option to use Roon, turn it on. 

Then I just used the Roon app to control the music, same as using the DS. I had the program running on the computer as well otherwise it doesn't find the library. 
I'm assuming if you install Roon on your NAS it should work just the same. 

You can get a free trial so download it and see if you can make it work. It looks like they have a pretty active forum for help if you have trouble. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #1,674 of 2,392

The Auralic acts as a Roon endpoint (RoonReady device). This means you will have to run a Roon server (which manages your library) on another device.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,675 of 2,392
The Auralic acts as a Roon endpoint (RoonReady device). This means you will have to run a Roon server (which manages your library) on another device.

Thanks.
Do you know if there is already some NAS that can run ROON as server ?
This will be Great. Indeed I want to avoid leaving a PC on all the time and this will give me a good reason to finaly use a NAS instead if a USB HD ( USB Hd Is not stable with the ARIES when the library excess 1 Tb).

Thanks in advance

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,676 of 2,392
As far as I know, not yet. Most NAS devices are not powerful enough to run RoonServer according to Roon developers (Synology for example). And it doesn't run on those platforms yet. The upcoming 1.2 release might change that. It would bring RoonServer to Linux.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #1,678 of 2,392
Got my new Auralic Taurus Mk2 today. Balanced out to my MrSpeaker Ether. Great combo! (significantly improved SQ comparing to the 6.3mm headphone out of my Antelope Zodiac Platinum.)

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #1,679 of 2,392
  Got my new Auralic Taurus Mk2 today. Balanced out to my MrSpeaker Ether. Great combo! (significantly improved SQ comparing to the 6.3mm headphone out of my Antelope Zodiac Platinum.)

Great, I am a bit surprised by the significant improvement from the Antelope, I did think it should be a nice headphone out already (I admit I didn't have the money to own one), nice that you are enjoying the Taurus!

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,680 of 2,392
  Great, I am a bit surprised by the significant improvement from the Antelope, I did think it should be a nice headphone out already (I admit I didn't have the money to own one), nice that you are enjoying the Taurus!

Opinions seem mixed on the Antelope headphone out. Me, I don't care for it at all. Taurus is vastly superior imho. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back