AURALiC owners unite!
May 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #726 of 2,392
  I had to do some tweaking on the JRiver Media Center. I followed instructions on the DSD Playback guide - I had to experiment a bit as the instructions in the DSD guide are geared towards MC 18. After a bit of trial and error, I finally got the DSD64 playing on the Media Center 19 software.

Hi
do you mind if I ask if you are using a Mac source and therefore  JRiver MC for Mac? I have heard of problems playing DSD on the VEGA with this combination?
thanks
Joe

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #728 of 2,392
Hi

Is there anyone here using Vega with JRiver MC for the MAC?  If not is there anyone here running JRiver for windows on a Mac using Parallels?

thanks
Joe

I use it, why? There are many users of J Ruver with Macs and the Vega

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #729 of 2,392
Hi
do you mind if I ask if you are using a Mac source and therefore  JRiver MC for Mac? I have heard of problems playing DSD on the VEGA with this combination?
thanks
Joe

I have been using many Dell XPS 15. I just bought a MacBook Pro. I will let you know once I set up DSD playback in my Mac.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #730 of 2,392
I got to hear the Aries today at T.H.E. Show Newport Beach. Physically the Aries is tiny and incredibly light in the hand. I heard it streaming hi-res files and DSD, with the Taurus Pre and Merick amps. Considering it was wires, I thought it sounded fantastic! I would love to hear a side by side comparison with wired vs. streaming, but I was definitely impressed. Hopefully I can get one in house to try in person.

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #731 of 2,392
I use it, why? There are many users of J Ruver with Macs and the Vega

I have been trying to find a guide on how to set up the Mac version. The TS team at Auralic wrote back the following when I asked for help:

On Jun 1, 2014, at 10:50 AM, Dewei Kong <support@auralic.com> wrote:
Hello, Joe:  
Sorry, we have never used JRIVER for OS X so far, it keep crashing the first time we tried out. However the Windows version just work fine.

There are some specific settings I can't figure how to set. Especially with regards to DSD. Would it be helpful if I uploaded some screen shots?
Thanks

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #732 of 2,392
  I have been trying to find a guide on how to set up the Mac version. The TS team at Auralic wrote back the following when I asked for help:

There are some specific settings I can't figure how to set. Especially with regards to DSD. Would it be helpful if I uploaded some screen shots?
Thanks

here are some very informative videos that may help you

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121419.0

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #733 of 2,392

Thanks so much rydenfan,

I will read it tonight. 
I tell you JRMC may be a great program, but it is complex. The only reason I am going through this pain ( I am a MAC snob…I admit it) is that I will be able to control my MM headless with Jremote. I hope it is worth it.  Otherwise, if A+ had a native ipad app, I would have used it and never looked back.
thanks

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #734 of 2,392

Thanks so much rydenfan,

I will read it tonight. 
I tell you JRMC may be a great program, but it is complex. The only reason I am going through this pain ( I am a MAC snob…I admit it) is that I will be able to control my MM headless with Jremote. I hope it is worth it.  Otherwise, if A+ had a native ipad app, I would have used it and never looked back.
thanks

I agree completely - I have been using JRMC for PC and for Mac for a while. I love the interface (library), I like the way it rips and burns discs.....but a ton of settings and some other small issues that I just don't have a handle on - makes it difficult. I don't spend the time going through the wiki's to figure things out. I wish the JRMC 19 for Mac would allow ripping of CDs and I wish I could see my iPod when I hook it up to the Mac. The PC sees the NAS well, and JRMC sees the NAS well.....but I have to rip with the PC or I have to use a different program (XLD) to rip using the Mac. I do like using the remote with my iPhone to control the library on the PC.

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #735 of 2,392
Not sure if this helps, but I use A+ with iTunes integrated. I only have a couple of DSD albums and I have added them to iTunes using A+ proxy files option.
I can use the Remote app on the iPhone or iPad to control the music remotely ...

Maybe not as elegant a solution as JRiver's but it's another option to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back