AURALiC owners unite!
May 2, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #586 of 2,392
Hmmm, my Taurus 2 came today and it sounds great out of the box, but when volume is shot down still sound in left channel and at 7-8 o´clock left channel is stronger than right channel. Have changed different XLR cables around between DAC and Taurus + HE-500 cables, but same problem. Very bitter sweet start on the weekend. Any of you have experienced any of that ?  Somebody was sleeping hard in quality control that day my amp was born. 

May 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #591 of 2,392
May 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #595 of 2,392
  I'll just have to save a bit harder and buy in stages i think. Just wondering if there is anyway to use my simple Hp-p1 as a dac with the taurus, until i can save the extra cash?!

I got my Vega from Igloo Audio. It was ex-demo so I got it a bit cheaper. They also offered me a ex-demo Taurus mkII at same time but I couldn't afford to get both at the time.
Give them a call they might still have the ex-demo Taurus mkII. You could get it at a really good price.

May 3, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #596 of 2,392
  No, those products are available within a couple of weeks at this point.  I do know that they're getting ready to be stocking them in the USA so it will get better.  

I guess its all logistics, but I like to live with the illusion that says that SE Asia gets new electro-toys before the US, UK and Oz  :D

2 weeks is absolutely fine with me - its when that stretches to months that I get a little antsy. 

May 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #597 of 2,392
I must say 40 hours into the burn in proces of the Taurus 2 it sounds great, nice dynamics and drive, but clearly better in balanced mode with HE-500 and my Calyx 24/192 DAC. Some have reported it´s more organic in STD and more refined in XLR, but not in my setup, as they are both very smooth. I thinks it´s a matter of synergy with the rest of the gear and cables (I use Audioquest cables+ JCAT USB card in fanless PC), as the difference here in XLR is mostly a bigger and wider soundstage where the sound is protejced into. I use a XLR aftermarked HE-500 cable with a phono pigtail made in Denmark with same spec. as the Toxic Cables Silver Poison (26 AWG UPOCC Silver with a touch of pure gold), more detailed and faster sounding than stock cable. The cable can also be used as a nice "Bling Bling" necklace friday night
o2smile.gif

Will get Vega DAC next week, so will report more on that combo.      

May 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #598 of 2,392
I have placed an order for the VEGA and the Taurus. Waiting on the delivery for next Tuesday or Wednesday.

May 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #599 of 2,392
  I must say 40 hours into the burn in proces of the Taurus 2 it sounds great, nice dynamics and drive, but clearly better in balanced mode with HE-500 and my Calyx 24/192 DAC. Some have reported it´s more organic in STD and more refined in XLR, but not in my setup, as they are both very smooth. I thinks it´s a matter of synergy with the rest of the gear and cables (I use Audioquest cables+ JCAT USB card in fanless PC), as the difference here in XLR is mostly a bigger and wider soundstage where the sound is protejced into. I use a XLR aftermarked HE-500 cable with a phono pigtail made in Denmark with same spec. as the Toxic Cables Silver Poison (26 AWG UPOCC Silver with a touch of pure gold), more detailed and faster sounding than stock cable. The cable can also be used as a nice "Bling Bling" necklace friday night
o2smile.gif

Will get Vega DAC next week, so will report more on that combo.      

You will be in for a treat with the Vega.  Just be prepared to hear your music like you've never heard before.  :)

May 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #600 of 2,392
+1
The Vega is my go to recommendation for anyone looking for a DAC at $4k or under. It and the Chord Hugo I think are he top two right now, I have not heard the Hugo but some very trusted friends have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back