AURALiC owners unite!
Mar 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #316 of 2,392
Where is the best price on these ? Are you all ordering directly from them? I've been trying to find an online retailer selling it for less than msrp and have been coming up empty.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #317 of 2,392
Usually online retailers will not advertise a price less than msrp... Gotta go in person

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #319 of 2,392
Does anyone know how this compares to the Mjolnir ?

Seeing how someone compared this to the Lyr quite extensively and wasn't too thrilled with the performance of the Taurus in comparison, it makes me wonder if selling my Mjolnir in its favor is a good idea.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #322 of 2,392
  Does anyone know how this compares to the Mjolnir ?

Seeing how someone compared this to the Lyr quite extensively and wasn't too thrilled with the performance of the Taurus in comparison, it makes me wonder if selling my Mjolnir in its favor is a good idea.

I have compared them side by side with a variety of headphones and really found the Taurus better. More detail, deeper soundstage. Mjolnir is somewhat flatter sounding. Mjolnir is a good amp, but you get a better amp in Taurus. Even the HE6 sounds better at Taurus, even if Mjolnir has higher wattage rated in the specs. 

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #324 of 2,392
Is there much difference between Auralic Taurus and MKII ?
In my contry they are only selling the first version.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #325 of 2,392
  Is there much difference between Auralic Taurus and MKII ?
In my contry they are only selling the first version.

To my knowledge, the major change had to do with making the device more reliable in 110V countries. If you live in a 220V area that wouldn't really matter. The other minor tweaks include lower noise, more isolation on the input side, and the silver enclosure (mkI was silver faceplate but with a black enclosure). 

Honestly if the voltage is not an issue, the differences are not worth fretting over. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #326 of 2,392

To my knowledge, the major change had to do with making the device more reliable in 110V countries. If you live in a 220V area that wouldn't really matter. The other minor tweaks include lower noise, more isolation on the input side, and the silver enclosure (mkI was silver faceplate but with a black enclosure). 

Honestly if the voltage is not an issue, the differences are not worth fretting over. 

Thanks for the answer.
I live in France, we are using 230v.
But after it is more a psychological problem MK2 > MK1.
biggrin.gif

I find someone who is selling a second hand for about 60% of the official price.
So I will take a MK1.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #327 of 2,392

Thanks for the answer.
I live in France, we are using 230v.
But after it is more a psychological problem MK2 > MK1.
biggrin.gif

I find someone who is selling a second hand for about 60% of the official price.
So I will take a MK1.

Yes, definitely jump on that if you can! Your area should be fine as far as voltage, and none of the other differences are worth what amounts to quite a few dollars/euros. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #328 of 2,392

Yes, definitely jump on that if you can! Your area should be fine as far as voltage, and none of the other differences are worth what amounts to quite a few dollars/euros. 

Done. Transaction done, hope I will received it this week.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #330 of 2,392

don't know if there is much difference in circuit design and/or sound, but certainly the insides look very different

Seems like they made all the discrete sections integrated, but that dosen't have to make it sound any different - just streamlines production. If Project86 can't tell the difference, I would say nobody can ,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back