Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers wanted !
Oct 29, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #346 of 460
Makes me wonder who the heck said the X1S was lacking power 
ph34r.gif
 I kid, I kid 
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #348 of 460
Just shipped off the X1s to @hakushondaimao Please refer to the sent PM for customs tracking numbers also @AuneAudio please address a question I had in the PM as well.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #350 of 460
  Why? Just curious, I thought he was in the Canadian group.

I'm unsure, he could answer that better than I could, it was just where I was instructed to send it is all I know.

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #353 of 460
  Why? Just curious, I thought he was in the Canadian group.

As @nmatheis mentioned, I'm organizing a Head-Fi meet in Calgary on November 15th, and I asked Aune to provide a unit as a sample for participants to try out. Aune graciously agreed to send me a unit for the meet. Since the Canadian tour is lagging behind and probably won't be finished in time to get the Canadian unit here by then, Aune decided to have a unit from one of the tours that has already run its course sent to me.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #354 of 460

As @nmatheis mentioned, I'm organizing a Head-Fi meet in Calgary on November 15th, and I asked Aune to provide a unit as a sample for participants to try out. Aune graciously agreed to send me a unit for the meet. Since the Canadian tour is lagging behind and probably won't be finished in time to get the Canadian unit here by then, Aune decided to have a unit from one of the tours that has already run its course sent to me.

I had no idea. Kudos to those brave enough to arrange a meet 
biggrin.gif
 Good luck with that!

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #355 of 460
super heaps of gratitude to everyone who heaped a review onto to this pile.
for the past month, i had my heart set on the aune t1 mk2. and intermittently, schiit's stack and similar setups within the price range.

but today, i just stumbled upon the x1s (i saw them for $150, then realized i was ogling at the x1 pro).

for $224, i saw a chance to leap,
and feeling sufficiently enthused by all ya'lls characterization that the x1s is a fantastic post-entry-level-setup, i leaped.
given the breadth of glowing reviews, i feel pretty damn good about my purchase.
almost none of the cons i read about relate to my situation. perhaps i may need to invest in one more piece if i someday end up pairing it as a pre-amp with the new elac b6 speakers.
clutching straws, etc. though.

still being quite the audio newb (my 5-6 year old setup comprises ath ad700s and a $50-60 hotusb1 dac/amp from way back),
i don't think i'll reciprocate the most insightful perspective when my setup (a grado 325e) arrives, 
but again, i want to thank everyone for their time. indispensable stuff. i ran a comb through every fiber of everyones' reviews.
it's never easy navigating all of this, and i'm sure arguments can and will be made about what i could have or should have bought (ie grado impedance), but i'm content with my purchase.

call it an impulse buy, and if it is, well, i've never felt this positive about an impulse buy.
here's hoping it lasts me another 5 years.

by the way, does anyone here have any knowledge around modding grados? looks like the symphones magnums (turbulent x driver i think) aren't in production anymore. i was wondering if there are any other similarly quality options.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #359 of 460
  Too bad...seems like we can still plug it into the back of a preamp though...but that might be

too much along the signal path...degrades the sonics...

Back to the drawing board.

I don't think you need to worry about connecting it to a preamp. I hooked it up to my integrated amp to see how it performed as a DAC and it sounded great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back