Aune X1 Pro: USB problems
May 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

codster303

New Head-Fier
Although I had hoped to be posting my initial impressions today, but I've yet to play anything though the X1.

Onto the problem, after I plugged the X1 in the USB 2.0 port a window pops up saying its installing device. After it closes I go change my default audio output and find that its not listed as an audio device. When i look at devices and printers its shown as "SA9027 USB Audio" in a separate "unspecified" category. If I look in the device manager it's listed an "USB Component Device" and has a yellow exclamation point. In the device status it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR".

If I plug the X1 Into a USB 3.0 port windows fails to recognize the device. Although I've read that some USB DACs will not work with certain USB 3.0 cards and hubs but that is not a major problem.

Here's the equipment I'm using:
Acer Aspire V3-771G-9441 (specs on amazon)
Windows 8.1
foobar2000
ATH-M50
and of course the Aune X1 Pro with the cables and power supply that came with it.

What I've done so far:
I've uninstalled the driver many times, restarted the computer several times, deleting the lower and upper filters.
None of this has helped; it still does the exact same thing.

As far as I can tell the X1 is working properly the lights come up I can change inputs, the amp works by itself using line in from my the computer. There is slight static when i turn the volume to very high levels, but i don't see that being a big problem right now.

May 28, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 11
If you have a hub, try connecting it via the hub.

Sorry, am a Mac user, so can't help much more...

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 11
sorry to hear this, not a good feeling i can imagine especially when we've had to wait a long time for this to arrive. Mine was delivered here in the uk yesterday and it works flawlessly on my macbook though and so far i'm loving this thing.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 11
Yea it's not what I was hoping for but at least I'm going to get a new one shipped as soon as possible. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying yours, quodjo105. If you don't mind me asking what headphones have you used with them? I'm looking to upgrade from my ATH-M50 when I get the (working) X1 Pro and am interesting to know what other headphones people have used and enjoyed with it.

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #7 of 11
this really helped me when I had trouble getting my Nexus 4 driver installed correctly in windows..
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html  
and remove any weirdo usb drivers you don't need.. or that you think might be the aune
I think I learned how to do this from the wug's nexus root toolkit.  

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 11
My Aune X1 Pro mk2 started having the same USB problem as the OP also. Now I can't connect via USB anymore.  I've tried it on 3 different problems and all returned with the same error message.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 11
I have the same problem as OP. Works on a Mac through USB and not on Windows 8.1 or 7. Anyone solve it? 

Might be a bit pre-emptive to say, but I've fiddled with this for 5 hours straight now. Getting really frustrated and giving up on Aune.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #10 of 11
richuurd, I tried almost everything but at the end couldn't get it working with my computer again.  I had tried various usb cables, changed computers, reinstalled usb drivers, etc.  Every other input was working except the USB.

I ended up returning my X1 and they replaced it with a new one.  The second one suffered the same problem only after a few weeks and I returned it for a refund and bought something else instead.  I liked the sound of the X1, but unfortunately, it has major problems with their USB controller.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back