Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jul 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #2,417 of 8,309
Thanks for the responses everyone. I want to order the Aune T1 but I don't get why they all ship from China? How is there not a comparable product that sells here in the United States? Do the Chinese just know what better sound is? Thanks

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #2,418 of 8,309
Quote:
Thanks for the responses everyone. I want to order the Aune T1 but I don't get why they all ship from China? How is there not a comparable product that sells here in the United States? Do the Chinese just know what better sound is? Thanks

I think it's just that labour is a lot cheaper in China. 
Population is a lot denser and higher there and so people are more desperate for jobs so when given the choice between low pay / wait and find job with higher pay, they'd rather take the low pay job.
Waiting and looking for a job that pays higher might eventually lead to worse conditions haha.
The cause that I wrote above is just my own thought and I'm likely to be wrong but labour is definitely a lot cheaper in Asia in general.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #2,419 of 8,309
But a lot of products are made in China but sold and delivered by American companies. It's just interesting that no company here has purchased a bulk order of these and sell them here as third party vendors if you will. That's generally what you see.

I bring this up because I order stuff online ALL the time and nothing ever never ships from China. If this product was in demand or as great as everyone says, you would think it would be sold from the US just like every other product made in China and sold in the US.

I'm not saying its not great or questioning anyone's audiophile experience (I know jack **** :), but I think its reasonable to consider the above and wonder why it is the way it is. My guess would be that the product isn't in demand due to the general population not understanding/caring what really good sound is. So they buy sound cards instead if anything. I think I just answered my own question. :) thoughts?

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2,420 of 8,309

There are US products, like those from Woo Audio And Schiit Audio but they cost vastly more than the T1 (the beautiful Woo WA 7 "fireflies" costs $1000 admittedly it has more power and refinement than the Aune, but for that price, it should). As was said above labor costs are much less in China. But you needn't worry about this being a flimsy piece of junk. The Aune T1 is a solidly built, good looking piece of equipment, and it sounds marvelous. By the way Amazon sells it. You will find various prices basically because of the tube used. Although Amazon has some that ship from local sellers and can be had fairly quickly, I ordered through Amazon, from Pennybuying which also sells through eBay, for $150. It was sent from China and arrived in a bit more than 3 weeks (free shipping). It was in great shape, well packed and came with a Russian 9622EH tube, which is generally seen as an upgrade. One suggestion. Don't go for the higher priced premium tube selections. Get this as cheaply as you can. On this site you will find plenty of recommendations for tube sources, some are very expensive, but good basic Russian or European tubes are available for reasonable prices for example: http://www.boiaudioworks.com/6dj8. Good Luck!

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #2,421 of 8,309
Cool thanks for the good Info. If anyone wants to make my day, can they send me a link to a t1 product they would buy if they were buying for themselves? I'm a complete tube noob so I have no idea what I'm doing. If I can just order a good t1 and do the research on tubes later, ill be good to go. I did see the T1 on amazon for 205 from china with 3 reviews. Is that a decent one to buy? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to hook this sucker up in a month when it arrives :frowning2: lol.

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #2,422 of 8,309
Cool thanks for the good Info. If anyone wants to make my day, can they send me a link to a t1 product they would buy if they were buying for themselves? I'm a complete tube noob so I have no idea what I'm doing. If I can just order a good t1 and do the research on tubes later, ill be good to go. I did see the T1 on amazon for 205 from china with 3 reviews. Is that a decent one to buy? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to hook this sucker up in a month when it arrives :frowning2: lol.

Type in "Aune T1" on eBay.. You will find quite a few available! :wink:

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #2,424 of 8,309

The best I could find on Amazon is this http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-24bit-Headphone-High-quality-Decoder/dp/B00AHTS9PM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374764721&sr=1-3&keywords=aune+t1 which is much more than I paid, but the $150 Pennybuying deal is no longer there. You should probably go with eBay.

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2,425 of 8,309
There are two located in the U.S. up for bid on eBay right now.
Otherwise, buying from U.S. sellers on there requires a bit of a price premium over sellers in China. Something in the range of $25 more.

Thanks for the response once again.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=231009510962

How about this one? Or stick with stock?

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2,426 of 8,309
The best I could find on Amazon is this http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-24bit-Headphone-High-quality-Decoder/dp/B00AHTS9PM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374764721&sr=1-3&keywords=aune+t1 which is much more than I paid, but the $150 Pennybuying deal is no longer there. You should probably go with eBay.
darn. Thanks anyways. I'm checking eBay now.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,429 of 8,309
Just received my T1 yesterday but I noticed that the PSU is showing 220V. I lived in canada and we are using 110V here. Is it possible to use that PSU or would I need to get the 110V version or a power converter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back