Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
May 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #1,861 of 8,309
I am going to purchase some 650's soon and already have the aune t1 on order. Research on here says that the 650's need a really strong amp to bring out its dynamics. Would the aune t1 do this or should I consider the schiit lyr.

Help is much appreciated. I am just nervous that it may not do the hd 650 justice because it is so affordable and most recommend a serious amp because they are so scalable. I wouldnt want to be underwhelmed and then sell the 650's as soon as i got them.  But I can't think of a better headphone for my tastes at the moment anyway. 

May 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #1,862 of 8,309
Because they're so scalable, you should sell the amp if you're underwhelmed, not the other way around. I have the hd600s and ran them straight from the t1 and they pair very nicely. I find the amp portion to be slightly bright so it helps give the highs a some sparkle.

May 21, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #1,864 of 8,309
Quote:
Because they're so scalable, you should sell the amp if you're underwhelmed, not the other way around. I have the hd600s and ran them straight from the t1 and they pair very nicely. I find the amp portion to be slightly bright so it helps give the highs a some sparkle.

You are very right. I think that I need to work on my patience 
rolleyes.gif

May 21, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #1,865 of 8,309
Quote:

+1

I recently purchased a HD580 and it sounds very very good with my T1. I have a K501 too and it seems the combo is not perfect to my ears. The point is all the interest of Aune T1 is the DAC/Tube stage. And tube is uncluded when we use Line out! So, using T1's LO with an additionnal amp is IMO a very good way to upgrade T1's ability to match with all the most power demanding headphones :) 

In conclusion, you can definitely go for T1 for your hD650 .

May 21, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #1,866 of 8,309
Quote:
The point is all the interest of Aune T1 is the DAC/Tube stage. And tube is uncluded when we use Line out! S, using T1's LO with an additionnal amp is IMO a very good way to upgrade T1's ability to match with all the most power demanding headphones :) 

In conclusion, you can definitely go for T1 for your hD650 .

+1. This is very much true.

May 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,867 of 8,309
The point is all the interest of Aune T1 is the DAC/Tube stage. And tube is included when we use Line out! So, using T1's LO with an additionnal amp is IMO a very good way to upgrade T1's ability to match with all the most power demanding headphones :) 

+1

I'm doing that at the very moment, Aune t1 as dac and darkvoice 336se for the amp. Before that I was using an Objective 2 so it scales nicely too. :wink:

May 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #1,868 of 8,309
Quote:
 Before that I was using an Objective 2 so it scales nicely too.
wink.gif

Really?  

I'm thinking about Lake people G103 myself but a friend of mine will probably loan me an O2 and I didn't know what to expect :) 

May 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #1,870 of 8,309
Oh Sorry . i misunderstood your point .  I thought you added O2 to your T1 and could compare embedded amp and O2 :) 

Fortunately, I think  I will be able to give my thought about T1 + O2 combo  at the end of June. 

Maybe  blablabla around Tube rolling is over. It's time to speak about amp rolling 
redface.gif

May 21, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #1,871 of 8,309
Quote:
Maybe  blablabla around Tube rolling is over. It's time to speak about amp rolling 
redface.gif

True. Pretty much everything has been said about the (most common) tubes. I guess it's time for the amp rolling indeed. Maybe someday I'll buy M-Stage to go with my T1.

May 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #1,872 of 8,309
Quote:

Maybe someday I'll buy M-Stage to go with my T1.

I thought about the same thing but from what I read here or there , I don't think M-stage brings so much improvement . I'm quite sure T1's amp is at least as powerful as M-stage.  Before I got my T1 , i sold my Asgard but now I really regret not having tested the combo. Especially with my sig pro which would benefit from more control especially in bass department. 

I read on Rock grotto forum a review about Aune Panda S2 amp .. and reviewer compared with T1 and it seemed T1 was at least as good.  

This little T1 is really a special piece of gear 
L3000.gif

May 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #1,873 of 8,309
Oh Sorry . i misunderstood your point .  I thought you added O2 to your T1 and could compare embedded amp and O2 :) 

Fortunately, I think  I will be able to give my thought about T1 + O2 combo  at the end of June. 

redface.gif

oh, oops. yeah, I did run t1 + o2. I thought you thought that I meant o2 was scalable. :xf_eek: lol it's probably still a good setup I just didn't feel right knowing that the dt880/600s max input exceeds the o2s max voltage output. ocd and all. :wink:

May 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #1,874 of 8,309
Quote:
This little T1 is really a special piece of gear 
L3000.gif

Maybe it's time to buy more headphones then. X1 for missus and HD800 for myself, lol
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back