Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Sep 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #5,956 of 8,309
Wow, UA's price for those 7308's sure has gone up!  I think I paid $45 for mine...  At that price I'd get it on ebay from one of the sellers that specialize in tubes and have plenty of positive feedback.  I might still use UA if I wanted a matched pair though, but fortunately the T1 just needs a single tube.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #5,960 of 8,309
Wow, UA's price for those 7308's sure has gone up!  I think I paid $45 for mine...  At that price I'd get it on ebay from one of the sellers that specialize in tubes and have plenty of positive feedback.  I might still use UA if I wanted a matched pair though, but fortunately the T1 just needs a single tube.

I googled eBay and they are more than $45 now. Too expensive. More expensive than the Aune t1 itself

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #5,961 of 8,309
Kevin if you'd like to try an Amperex Orange Globe 6dj8 Holland GAC dimpled getter tube free to PM. The GAC's are my favourites of the Orange Globes, and I have three that I would be willing to part with if you (are anyone) is interested.

They are almost as nice as the Amperex 7308's to my ears... the mids are just a touch below the rich, luscious 7308 mids, but they are very detailed and holographic sounding (to my ears).

Also folks searching on ebay, I agree... the Amperex 7308s are ridiculously high in price. I suggest searching for Philips E88CC as these are the same/very similar tubes. Make sure they have the creased tops and delta date codes.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #5,964 of 8,309
Oh, but I have burnt in the Aune X1 and I will post a review of it. In short, it sounds very good. Not as airy/open as the T1, but still has a lot of sparkle.

Sacd's also sound AMAZING on it. Seriously, very, very good. I am very impressed playing dsf and dff files.

Bigger soundstage as well, by quite a large margin, but missing the beautiful sound characteristics of the tubes the T1 can roll.

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #5,966 of 8,309
I was testing it out powered up, outside of the case and accidentally set it down on one of the case screws, which shorted that transistor (or voltage regulator, or whatever it is) out. Doh!

Should have cleared the screws away before I powered it up to test it.

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #5,967 of 8,309
Alright guys I need your help. So I have a crazy static that comes from my Aune t1. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it drives me crazy. I have tried different headphones, different USB ports and nothing. Touching the casing of the aune or my headphone wires either makes it go away or makes it louder. Really makes me sad cause I got the unit in February after hearing about how good of a starting tube amp/dac it is.
Electrical issue is what i'm guessing?

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #5,968 of 8,309
No not yet
frown.gif

Looks like I toasted the 79M15G transistor... Check it out:

Congrats, you fried a 15V voltage regulator. :)  Easy replacement.  Anyone who ever builds anything shorts a regulator at some point...  A replacement should only cost a few dollars.

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #5,970 of 8,309
Hmm wonder if it's worth trying to replace that voltage reg or if it took something else out with it... I'll look around tomorrow for a replacement but it's a pain trying to get parts in Canada. I'll keep you guys informed either way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back