Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #4,696 of 8,309
And in every post about that 5 volt tube I said it might not last.

I am being the guinea pig here so no one else makes a mistake. I have been using a 12au7 for well over a month now. If you compare the gain, plate resistance, and so on, they are very similar to the 6dj8. The only pin difference is the center tap heater.

I have enough exp with tubes that if I say it will work, it will.

Easy padre, no one is questioning your knowledge and experience. I was erring on the side of caution. Someone misreads and sticks one straight in. Someone gets an adapter and its the wrong kind. Things happen...that don't have to ...but in no way refuting your knowledge, okay ?

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4,697 of 8,309
I received mine today! For $145 it's an unbeatable deal :) I absolutely love it!! It's pushing my Sennheiser Amperior 32ohm headphones. I put in the Russian Voskhod Rocket tube (got a matched pair for $28 shipped), sounds absolutely wonderful. No harsh brights like the stock tube :)

I'm a head-fi noob so I apologize in advance.

It sure is pretty!!! I like the tube glow! Pic: http://tafb.xxx/aune_t1_clear.jpg

Thanks for all the great info in this thread :D

-Jamie M.

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #4,698 of 8,309
I just received my Aune T1 in the mail about a half hour ago and I'm trying to play some records on it through my tube amp and I'm getting no sound! The headphone output works just fine but otherwise I get nothing. Anybody have any idea why? 

It seems that I get no output from USB whatsoever either O.o

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #4,699 of 8,309
the bass came back around 10 hours after cap burn in 
L3000.gif

I'm looking forward to putting these in and breaking them in too:

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #4,700 of 8,309
  I just received my Aune T1 in the mail about a half hour ago and I'm trying to play some records on it through my tube amp and I'm getting no sound! The headphone output works just fine but otherwise I get nothing. Anybody have any idea why? 

It seems that I get no output from USB whatsoever either O.o

It takes about 60 seconds for the USB sound to kick in, the tube has to heat up.

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #4,701 of 8,309
I was messing around with different configurations for about 10 minutes or so, and I always allow a few minutes before doing anything for tubes to heat up.
USB output on PC set to Aune T1, USB to Aune and no output via headphone or audio output.

Record player to phono preamp to aune to tube amp only works via headphone output not line out. 

Tried both on my lepai amp too and was the same. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #4,703 of 8,309
  I was messing around with different configurations for about 10 minutes or so, and I always allow a few minutes before doing anything for tubes to heat up.
USB output on PC set to Aune T1, USB to Aune and no output via headphone or audio output.

Record player to phono preamp to aune to tube amp only works via headphone output not line out. 

Tried both on my lepai amp too and was the same. 

First - on the USB out, have you checked that the AUNE is recognized as a device ? You right click your sound icon and look at the devices, Makes sure the USB AUDIO DRIVER IS ACTIVE and checked

The PHONO stage in, LINE out to an amp should work as long as the amp is a PREAMP or Receiver, not a power amp..it is a line level..just like a CD player...and the switch on top needs to be switched to LINE and no USB plugged in

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #4,704 of 8,309
  the bass came back around 10 hours after cap burn in 
L3000.gif

I'm looking forward to putting these in and breaking them in too:

Told you it would come back...there are some who don't believe in cap break-in...but I believe my ears..LOL

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #4,706 of 8,309
Yes I made sure that the aune was the primary playback device in both windows and on foobar and neither worked.

I tried the line output to both my Magnavox 9304 power amp and my Lepai 2020. Neither made a sound, just hummed at full volume. The switch was set to respective outputs, obviously! 
I didn't know that no USB could be plugged in.. Maybe thats why it wasn't working

Just checked, still doesn't work even with USB unplugged

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #4,707 of 8,309
  Yes I made sure that the aune was the primary playback device in both windows and on foobar and neither worked.

I tried the line output to both my Magnavox 9304 power amp and my Lepai 2020. Neither made a sound, just hummed at full volume. The switch was set to respective outputs, obviously! 
I didn't know that no USB could be plugged in.. Maybe thats why it wasn't working

Just checked, still doesn't work even with USB unplugged

Okay ..first..it should  NEVER go to a power amp... Not sure why it wont work on the Lepai BUT why would you want to ? Your phono stage is a line level input and can go directly to the Lepai, it doesn't need the AUNE. Now the phono stage to the AUNE to use as a headphone amp should work..

So --USB out to AUNE to Lepai doesn't let you play music ?

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #4,708 of 8,309
Thats lame that it wont work going to my power amp! I was hoping to use it just for volume control until I finish my preamp build. 
I guess if thats the case then I just need to figure out why USB to headphone/ line out to lepai doesn't work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back