Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #4,684 of 8,309
  Thanks very much, that is just what I needed. I see the 12AX7 is not in the list at all. How do the 12AU7's sound with the adapter? 
What is your favorite tube. Do new tubes measure up to NOS?

DO NOT put 12AU7, 12AX7 or any of that family in the AUNE. Even with the adapter it is ill advised. There is a pretty comprehensive list of acceptable tubes, all with their own benefits...stick to those...just a handful to try is going to cost as much as your AUNE..no need to play in other tube families...LOL

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #4,686 of 8,309
DO NOT put 12AU7, 12AX7 or any of that family in the AUNE. Even with the adapter it is ill advised. There is a pretty comprehensive list of acceptable tubes, all with their own benefits...stick to those...just a handful to try is going to cost as much as your AUNE..no need to play in other tube families...LOL

12au7 with an adapter sounds great in the Aune.......it is not something I would call ill advised.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #4,689 of 8,309
12au7 with an adapter sounds great in the Aune.......it is not something I would call ill advised.

Hmm...well, I said Ill advised for two reasons. 1) There is a plethora of tubes to chose from in its class to not go into another tube family with an adapter 2) You have tested that it works...but not prolonged...look at the recent tube meltdown ?

No offense is meant, just preaching caution...

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #4,691 of 8,309
  Whoa....where can I read about this tube melt down.?

Meltdown was poetic license on my part ..his tube didn't melt down...stopped working after 2 weeks

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/4665#post_10274010

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #4,693 of 8,309
Hmm...well, I said Ill advised for two reasons. 1) There is a plethora of tubes to chose from in its class to not go into another tube family with an adapter 2) You have tested that it works...but not prolonged...look at the recent tube meltdown ?

No offense is meant, just preaching caution...

And in every post about that 5 volt tube I said it might not last.

I am being the guinea pig here so no one else makes a mistake. I have been using a 12au7 for well over a month now. If you compare the gain, plate resistance, and so on, they are very similar to the 6dj8. The only pin difference is the center tap heater.

I have enough exp with tubes that if I say it will work, it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back