Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #4,666 of 8,309
The OG is a good all-rounder and worth the money, IMHO.  Here's an unrequested suggestion: Some sellers will mention that "label conditions may vary" and/or will show a "representative picture" of the lot.  I'm just guessing here, but they will probably sell the least-readable labels first.  And, will probably show a picture of the best tube in the lot.  I've had to make some returns because of this.  Happy rolling.

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #4,667 of 8,309
  Well I tried to offer the post for someone to take it over. I knew this way someone would definitely do so. There's been so much negativity going on here lately that I'll be stepping back from the forums. It's not only the thread but I get accusations via PM too. Take care of the thread and try to behave. You can freely use whatever I've written here if it's helpful to someone. Peace.

Fair enough, I can respect that decision. Thank you for your contributions! 
redface.gif

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #4,668 of 8,309
So the question remains...how do we get Salvatore's valuable post on the front page? Ask the MOD Amos ?

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #4,669 of 8,309
  So the question remains...how do we get Salvatore's valuable post on the front page? Ask the MOD Amos ?

Hi Rob,
Received my 6GM8 ECC86 Tube (GE Label marking) made in HOLLAND ordered via ebay and its really an awesome ($15) upgrade from the EH6922 stock it came with. Thanks for your help, PMs and spot on review on it. Cheers!!

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #4,670 of 8,309
  Hi Rob,
Received my 6GM8 ECC86 Tube (GE Label marking) made in HOLLAND ordered via ebay and its really an awesome ($15) upgrade from the EH6922 stock it came with. Thanks for your help, PMs and spot on review on it. Cheers!!

I thought you might like that !!!  Now find a similar looking GE Branded Siemens made 6AQ8....take it up another notch...LOL

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #4,671 of 8,309
  I'm looking to replacing the 6922EH tube that came with my Aune T1. I read all 311 pages (took me hours) and have narrowed it down to just one tube: Amperex 6DJ8 orange globe. Man is this thing hard to find for cheap! 

Can anyone comment on the Amperex 6DJ8 PQ orange print? Is it comparable to the orange globe? Or should I just suck it up and pay $59 for the orange globe? http://tctubes.com/Amperex-6DJ8-ECC88-orange-globe.aspx 

When I started tube rolling, I contacted mhamel by PM after reading some of his entries in this thread. He sold me a small collection of tubes, some were quite inexpensive. I got one "name" tube (an Amperex OG) and a bunch of lesser known tubes. He even threw in a few of questional origin for free.This has allowed me to develop my critical listening skills at least a little. It's been lots of fun.

My "problem" is that they all sound good to my ears. I can hear the differences but often can't rank them. Having grown up with a cassette player and a pair of $10 Radio Shack headphones, the performance of modern equipment (esp with old-school tubes) never ceases to amaze me.

After you're gotten into rolling tubes, don't forget to "roll" various remasters of your favorite albums. That's lots of fun as well.

dana

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #4,672 of 8,309

I PMed joeq70 (OP) and asked if he could change the link. Salvatore's post IS on the first post at the bottom, the problem is the link goes to his now deleted post.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #4,673 of 8,309
Tell him to remove the reference to Salvatore and do this

FAQ, Information and Tube Reviews for the AUNE T1 Tube DAC
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/4650#post_10268914

And use the link above....It will link to your post with the data (which works, try it)

Edit that post that you made so the top of the page is a title (like I have in bold) instead of the words about Salvatore;. Keep the credit at the bottom Courtesy of ....

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #4,674 of 8,309
Why is Salvatore tube post removed?

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #4,676 of 8,309
  Why is Salvatore tube post removed?

Salvatore has posted about this earlier. He did not wish to maintain the post and respectfully asked someone to take it over. When they did not step forward, he knew the quickest way was as he did. So..now it has changed or is changing hands.

All arguments henceforth are off the table.

so it is written, so it shall be done,
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #4,678 of 8,309
  Reguarding the 5BK7A tube.......it lasted 2 weeks. Died this morning. This was a NOS one too. So, using a 5BK7 is a no-go!

what did it do when it died? Just stopped or blew like a road flare ? Red plate ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back