Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Nov 30, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #6,406 of 8,309
Anybody here using a denon dra-8xx series to power their phones? Its a late 80's, early 90's reciever that if I remember correctly ran me about 1200 bucks. I love it with the t1 as a dac, but I've been going back and forth for the past month on picking up an asgard 2. If its a lateral move, thats ok because of the reduced footprint, but i dont want it to sound worse. Guess I could get it and return it if I don't like it. Any input would be appreciated.

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #6,408 of 8,309
I got the gold lion free of charge, so that is why i even have it. I may look into the amperex 7308
I would, its definately an eye opener. My first hell yeah moment with the t1. The 7308 takes a little while for the bass to open up though, so it might seem a little light on bass coming from the gold lion, but kills it everywhere else. Give it some time to break in and the bass gets perfect. My favorite tube for whatever I throw at it.

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #6,409 of 8,309
@creatip

To use a 12 series tube with the Aune T1, you must use a socket adapter because they are wired differently. Also, be patient. I've picked up some really nice vintage 6DJ8 tubes on eBay for <$10.

Thanks for the heads up. I've tried searching in ebay for the socket adapter, but can't find one. Most results are 8 pin to 9 pin or vice versa. 

Tried the keyword '12AX7 to 6922' and '12AX7 to 6DJ8', still can't find any useful links.....

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #6,410 of 8,309

Thanks for the heads up. I've tried searching in ebay for the socket adapter, but can't find one. Most results are 8 pin to 9 pin or vice versa. 

Tried the keyword '12AX7 to 6922' and '12AX7 to 6DJ8', still can't find any useful links.....

I seen one http://www.ebay.com/itm//261667818185
But I don't know should it work or not.
From my point of view it should not work because ECC83/ECC82/ECC81 have 12 volt heater voltage instead 6,3 volt for ECC88.

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #6,412 of 8,309
Anybody here using a denon dra-8xx series to power their phones? Its a late 80's, early 90's reciever that if I remember correctly ran me about 1200 bucks. I love it with the t1 as a dac, but I've been going back and forth for the past month on picking up an asgard 2. If its a lateral move, thats ok because of the reduced footprint, but i dont want it to sound worse. Guess I could get it and return it if I don't like it. Any input would be appreciated.
No one?

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #6,414 of 8,309
I would, its definately an eye opener. My first hell yeah moment with the t1. The 7308 takes a little while for the bass to open up though, so it might seem a little light on bass coming from the gold lion, but kills it everywhere else. Give it some time to break in and the bass gets perfect. My favorite tube for whatever I throw at it.

+1

Speaking of tubes I got a Russian USSR 6n23p a couple of weeks ago but, but I've been busy with schoolwork so I didn't have time to post impressions.

I got this tube for $9 shipped and it sounds pretty decent for the price. Think of it like the eh6922 but warmer with softer highs. Soundstage is much narrower, but imaging is surprisingly good. This makes for a very intimate and lush experience. Bass quantity is about the same as 6922, a bit less in the sub bass but tighter and better controlled. I plug in this tube whenever I'm not using the Amperex 7308. It's an excellent replacement for the stock tube, but definitely not as good as the Amperex.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #6,415 of 8,309
It's pretty difficult to read through all of the pages, so I'll ask:

Has anyone connected the RCA outs from the Aune to dual male XLRs to another amp? Any noise, hiss or garble?

And if so, how has your experience been?

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #6,416 of 8,309
It's pretty difficult to read through all of the pages, so I'll ask:

Has anyone connected the RCA outs from the Aune to dual male XLRs to another amp? Any noise, hiss or garble?

And if so, how has your experience been?
Good things there's a search function? :wink:

Kidding aside, can't say I have nor do I recall anyone that has. But plenty of ppl have used the rca outs to various gears with great success if that helps any. I don't think the output connector type should matter at all.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #6,417 of 8,309
Has anyone experienced a constant buzzing/humming coming from the T1 MK2? I've had the T1 since early summer and haven't had this issue until this week. I have the T1 powering headphones and speakers, and the buzzing is there no matter what I'm listening to. I've tried connecting the USB from the T1 directly to my computer (instead of a hub), and I've checked all the connections. It's noticeable enough that I've switched to listening to all my audio directly from my computer's output. Anyone have any ideas about what it could be or how to fix it?

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #6,418 of 8,309
  Has anyone experienced a constant buzzing/humming coming from the T1 MK2? I've had the T1 since early summer and haven't had this issue until this week. I have the T1 powering headphones and speakers, and the buzzing is there no matter what I'm listening to. I've tried connecting the USB from the T1 directly to my computer (instead of a hub), and I've checked all the connections. It's noticeable enough that I've switched to listening to all my audio directly from my computer's output. Anyone have any ideas about what it could be or how to fix it?

Coming from the Aune itself or your headphones?

Also, no I have not. Sorry. lol

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #6,419 of 8,309
Good things there's a search function? :wink:

Kidding aside, can't say I have nor do I recall anyone that has. But plenty of ppl have used the rca outs to various gears with great success if that helps any. I don't think the output connector type should matter at all.

Yeah, I searched for the search function. Alas, I could not find it. :wink:

Thanks for your help! I have an SPL Auditor coming, so I really pray for a good connection.

My Aune T1 is dead silent. Totally blackness. Can't change that now. :)

Still, a buddy of mine is saying to get a DI box. Might be overkill.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #6,420 of 8,309
Yeah, I searched for the search function. Alas, I could not find it.
wink.gif

Thanks for your help! I have an SPL Auditor coming, so I really pray for a good connection.

My Aune T1 is dead silent. Totally blackness. Can't change that now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Still, a buddy of mine is saying to get a DI box. Might be overkill.

My Aune T1 is dead silent too. I'm using it with my Lovely Cube Premium amp through the RCA out, plugged in my 16ohm 110dB IEMs and turned the volume all the way up - still dead silence. Low gain though.
So the Aune is both silent through the headphone out and line out. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back