Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jul 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #5,536 of 8,309
  i have a question,can i use 6n1p tube with the aune t1? cause i have a 6n1p tube when i put it in and play music,there is a cracking sound so i am wondering what is the problem?

Yes you can. But sometimes tubes are bad, broken, kaputt. 

unofficial:

Q: What types of tubes will work with the Aune T1?
A: 6DJ8, ECC88, 6922, E88CC, 7308, 6N23P, 6N27P, 6N11, 6N1P, 7DJ8, PCC88, ECC189, 6ES8, E188CC, ECC86, 6GM8, PCC189, 7ES8, Cca, CV2492, CV10320, CV5231, CV5354, CV5358, M3624

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #5,537 of 8,309

Yes you can. But sometimes tubes are bad, broken, kaputt. 

unofficial:

Q: What types of tubes will work with the Aune T1?
A: 6DJ8, ECC88, 6922, E88CC, 7308, 6N23P, 6N27P, 6N11, 6N1P, 7DJ8, PCC88, ECC189, 6ES8, E188CC, ECC86, 6GM8, PCC189, 7ES8, Cca, CV2492, CV10320, CV5231, CV5354, CV5358, M3624

ok thanks.but when i ask the seller of the tube,he say that it is because the circuit has not been properly biased thats why there is that cracking sound.And the tube that i bought is a rocket 6n1p ix74 tube so is the problem with the tube or the circuit?

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #5,539 of 8,309
  A question for maybe @ElBartoME or @Salvatore or @CoiL or anyone else who might know...

Has anyone tried upgrading the op-amps inside of this thing? Would it make much a difference in sound quality?

I have never swapped op-amps before, but I heard they are cheap to buy and sometimes easy to swap.

As I understand, there are separate op amps; one for the amp (NE5532) and one for the dac (OPA2134)?

Just asking for information, and maybe possibly to play around. Thanks.

Theoretically it should be possible if the pinout is the same. Of course you have to check the datasheets. Soldering a socket is quite tricky because you don't have any holes for them.
I personally don't think it will be worth it.

BTW, i bought two RTC E188CC. Can't wait. 
atsmile.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #5,540 of 8,309
Just got my Aune T1 MKII in, looking nice so far. Any tubes in the the price range of 30-40 euros that are a definite "must have"?

Edit: Disregard that, doesn't turn on, there seems to be a loose screw in the AC adapter.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #5,541 of 8,309
Just got my Aune T1 MKII in, looking nice so far. Any tubes in the the price range of 30-40 euros that are a definite "must have"?

Edit: Disregard that, doesn't turn on, there seems to be a loose screw in the AC adapter.
Did you leave it on? When I first got my Aune T1, I thought it was broken too but it turns out that it took a little bit of time to warm up. After the initial min or 2, the LED light under the tube kicked on and it showed up in Windows. Now, it kicks on in under 5 seconds but that initial start up had me worried. GL tho. :)

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #5,542 of 8,309
Did you leave it on? When I first got my Aune T1, I thought it was broken too but it turns out that it took a little bit of time to warm up. After the initial min or 2, the LED light under the tube kicked on and it showed up in Windows. Now, it kicks on in under 5 seconds but that initial start up had me worried. GL tho.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, the problem is that the tube itself isn't even heating up, so I guess either broken unit or broken AC adapter (probably the later.)

Edit: I'm pretty sure the unit that I received is a DOA one. No lights, no heater, nothing. Also, the ac cords are sticky as hell for some reason.

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #5,543 of 8,309
My T1 Aune is ridiculously hot to the touch! 105F to be more precise. By slipping a BBQ thermometer in the headphone jack, temps go to 145F! That does not look normal to me.

For the record, I'm using an Amperex Orange Globe tube.

Also, I'm now having some audio issues where after a while, my DAC develops a nasal tone and produces static. It happens suddenly. The only remedy I have found is to turn off the DAC and turn it back on 5 secs later. I'm OK for another session of 20-60 min before the problem reoccurs. It's seemingly random.

The DAC is on a wooden shelf not surrounded by any electronics or heat sources. I've ordered another tube just in case the problem is tube-related.

Now, assuming my unit is defective, how do I go about getting it repaired/replaced?

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #5,545 of 8,309
  Well, the problem is that the tube itself isn't even heating up, so I guess either broken unit or broken AC adapter (probably the later.)

Edit: I'm pretty sure the unit that I received is a DOA one. No lights, no heater, nothing. Also, the ac cords are sticky as hell for some reason.

I had a similar problem when i got my T1 a long while back. The power brick they gave me didn't really work. I contacted them on their email, sales@auneaudio.com , messaged them a couple of times and they didn't reply back. Then i sent a message with caps lock on and i was really mad at the time, then they replied within an hour 
biggrin.gif
 It costs $10 for one adapter, I paid $20 for two just in case one goes wrong in the future. 

Hope you get this issue fixed, i know how annoying it can be.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #5,546 of 8,309
  My T1 Aune is ridiculously hot to the touch! 105F to be more precise.
(...) I've ordered another tube just in case the problem is tube-related.

Now, assuming my unit is defective, how do I go about getting it repaired/replaced?

Wow, that is hot. Mine is getting mildly warm after 5 hours of playing. Nothing near hot. I wouldn't use it at the moment and wait what happens with another tube.
I use a EH 6922 Gold at the moment.

Regarding a replacement: Depends on where you bought it. I'd write to the shop where I bought it first. If it's second hand you might have a problem. Anyway, like you suggested, I'd try another tube first and look what happens.

Good luck!

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #5,547 of 8,309
  I had a similar problem when i got my T1 a long while back. The power brick they gave me didn't really work. I contacted them on their email, sales@auneaudio.com , messaged them a couple of times and they didn't reply back. Then i sent a message with caps lock on and i was really mad at the time, then they replied within an hour 
biggrin.gif
 It costs $10 for one adapter, I paid $20 for two just in case one goes wrong in the future.
Hope you get this issue fixed, i know how annoying it can be.

Having to pay for the power supply? I opened a PayPal case right away as I've bought from Audiophonics and not directly from Aune.

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #5,548 of 8,309
My T1 Aune is ridiculously hot to the touch! 105F to be more precise. By slipping a BBQ thermometer in the headphone jack, temps go to 145F! That does not look normal to me.

For the record, I'm using an Amperex Orange Globe tube.

Also, I'm now having some audio issues where after a while, my DAC develops a nasal tone and produces static. It happens suddenly. The only remedy I have found is to turn off the DAC and turn it back on 5 secs later. I'm OK for another session of 20-60 min before the problem reoccurs. It's seemingly random.

The DAC is on a wooden shelf not surrounded by any electronics or heat sources. I've ordered another tube just in case the problem is tube-related.

Definitely a problem. Mine remains cool (I have it sitting on a bit of cardboard, no problem) even the tube is not super hot to the touch. I would suggest contacting the place you bought this from and arranging a swap. You might do a search of this thread, I recall a number of people who got replacements from Aune without much trouble.

Jul 12, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #5,549 of 8,309
Strat, can you change the tube with another tube and see whether the problem persists? Tube amps are supposed to run hot (a friend had his daughter burn her hands when she touched the chassis), but the T1 isn't a tube amp, it's a tube buffered amp. It shouldn't run that hot.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #5,550 of 8,309
Mine runs pretty hot, though not that hot that I can't leave my fingers on the surface. The jack plug gets quite toasty too but not had any audio problems and just assumed it was normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back