Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Aug 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #2,536 of 8,309
Well guys, I guess I gotta bid you all goodbye. I brought my unit to a friend for repairs regarding the channel imbalance, he liked it immediately compared to his iBasso D-Zero and UD100. Gave me an offer I can't refuse so I sold it to him. I'm in the market for some vintage amplifiers now.

Thanks for the rollercoaster ride guys. Goodnight, and good luck.

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,537 of 8,309
Well guys, I guess I gotta bid you all goodbye. I brought my unit to a friend for repairs regarding the channel imbalance, he liked it immediately compared to his iBasso D-Zero and UD100. Gave me an offer I can't refuse so I sold it to him. I'm in the market for some vintage amplifiers now.

Thanks for the rollercoaster ride guys. Goodnight, and good luck.

Good luck man! Maybe you'll come back some day!

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #2,540 of 8,309
i just received my aune t1 today from earth city sound. After i plugged it in, turned it on, the usb driver installed itself, no sound!  i panicked a bit, checked my foobar setting, there was a new wasapi aune t1 output, selected that, there was my sound haha, such a noob i was. usb in, rca out to my a1 amp so far i'm not sure i can tell much difference from not having it lol, i think there is a very slight better detail and sound stage improvement, it is very little though if any on my hd598. can't tell any difference on my dt880. now i wait for my amperex 7308 its suppose to be here tomorrow, curious to see what difference that has over the 6922eh.

one more thing, i don't know how do you guys secure the protective plastic shielding thingy for the tube, the feet are bigger than the holes, sand paper time?

Aug 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,542 of 8,309
i just received my aune t1 today from earth city sound. After i plugged it in, turned it on, the usb driver installed itself, no sound!  i panicked a bit, checked my foobar setting, there was a new wasapi aune t1 output, selected that, there was my sound haha, such a noob i was. usb in, rca out to my a1 amp so far i'm not sure i can tell much difference from not having it lol, i think there is a very slight better detail and sound stage improvement, it is very little though if any on my hd598. can't tell any difference on my dt880. now i wait for my amperex 7308 its suppose to be here tomorrow, curious to see what difference that has over the 6922eh.

one more thing, i don't know how do you guys secure the protective plastic shielding thingy for the tube, the feet are bigger than the holes, sand paper time?

Frankly the T1 did a world of difference over my Fiio e7 while driving the HD 558s (same driver as your 598s, but some of the improvement is subtle. The Amperex 7308 is a great tube. I use it almost exclusively.

I never installed the little plastic guard on my unit. It didn't look like it would provide too much protection anyway.

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #2,543 of 8,309
Yeah, I'm with teb1013. It would only protect the tube if it's in an area where wither it could get knocked or little fingers could attack it. Mine is not under attack from anything, so I left it off. It looks much nicer.

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #2,544 of 8,309
Quote:
Aren't the feet a little flexible?

its dimension is slightly bigger than the hole, the arms connecting the feet is flexible yes, but that is not whats not working, i'm changing tube tomorrow anyway, might as well leave them off.
Quote:
Frankly the T1 did a world of difference over my Fiio e7 while driving the HD 558s (same driver as your 598s, but some of the improvement is subtle. The Amperex 7308 is a great tube. I use it almost exclusively.

I never installed the little plastic guard on my unit. It didn't look like it would provide too much protection anyway.

i think i'm loving it now, i can't describe it what was the definite improvement, but just yesterday i thought my dt880 was a superior can, but now with t1 in the chain i'm not sure about that anymore, the dt880 might have a fuller body of sound, but i like hd598 better now, before using the t1 i thought the only scenario i prefer the 598 over the 880 was vocal, i would say i like the pairing of 598 with t1 better than 880 with t1. lol, i can't wait for the 7308 tube.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm with teb1013. It would only protect the tube if it's in an area where wither it could get knocked or little fingers could attack it. Mine is not under attack from anything, so I left it off. It looks much nicer.

lol, you are funny. i think i'll do just that, it's not under attack from anything, and plus i don't want to break anything with a brute force approach.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #2,545 of 8,309
Kind of had the same issue with the "feet" being a bit large but if you just push it in *carefully* you should be fine. Though I'm scared to take them out now... but I'll have to eventually when the orange globe gets here.

Edit: its actually suprisingly easy to take out.... I think if you make sure the feet are flat when you put it in and remove them you'll be fine.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #2,546 of 8,309
Quote:
Kind of had the same issue with the "feet" being a bit large but if you just push it in *carefully* you should be fine. Though I'm scared to take them out now... but I'll have to eventually when the orange globe gets here.

Edit: its actually suprisingly easy to take out.... I think if you make sure the feet are flat when you put it in and remove them you'll be fine.

thanks for the very descriptive explanation, i'll try that. it's a bit more assuring now having read the bolded. cheers!

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2,549 of 8,309

Huh? There is a light globe you can change underneath the tube?

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #2,550 of 8,309
What do you guys this is the best all around tube for this bad boy? The one that it came with sounds pretty good but was wondering what the next step up would be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back