Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
May 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #1,771 of 8,309
Quote:
Hi fellow Aune T1 owners, this is my first post ever anywhere.

So I turned to tubes (we call them valves) and did lots of research and then looked around. Seems I got lucky first time as I bought a VALVO PCC88 with D getter and waisted glass from 1957.

With good recordings these two are amazing. Everything is there, wide holographic sound stage,  tight bass, controlled highs but the midrange is stunning.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the very nice read. Seems like you hit the jackpot with that tube. Appears to be exactly what I'm looking for from good tube. Description fits my 7308 amperex, which has awesome natural controlled bass and very holographic sound stage. With that kind of tube you don't necessarily need any rolling since it already brings the best out of your T1. It's time to enjoy my friend!

May 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,773 of 8,309
Worked great with my hd595. Keep in mind this is a tube dac and solid state amp. From what I read when the tube is in the dac it colors the sound less than when it's part of the amp, but I'm no expert

May 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #1,774 of 8,309
Does anyone have experience buying the T1 from Pennybuying on eBay? I ordered it about 2.5 weeks ago and the only tracking notification I've gotten is that the package has been accepted by China Post. Is this normal?

I'm also very excited to join the T1 club when it shows up. I also found a great seller in the Ukraine for the 6n23p tubes... got two of them for $25 shipped.

May 8, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #1,775 of 8,309
yes that's very normal for stuff shipped from china. I think my tracking said accepted, then left point of origin, then nothing until it was delivered about 21 days later. Vpr99 make sure you are careful installing the plastic tube protectors. I broke two in a row despite being forewarned. When you install them try to push downwards on them only. No squeezing force

May 8, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #1,777 of 8,309
Quote:
Don't even bother with the fence. looks good without it. plus, it gets in the way of rolling.
biggrin.gif

+1

May 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #1,778 of 8,309
Quote:
yes that's very normal for stuff shipped from china. I think my tracking said accepted, then left point of origin, then nothing until it was delivered about 21 days later. Vpr99 make sure you are careful installing the plastic tube protectors. I broke two in a row despite being forewarned. When you install them try to push downwards on them only. No squeezing force

Thanks for telling me about the plastic tube protectors... I'll be really careful with them. Where shipping is concerned, I got a message from the seller this morning. Evidently some imbecile at US Customs thought that it was a bomb, since it contained a vacuum tube and returned it to China. I found someone in the US who's selling it that'll ship from the US for about $20 more, so pennybuying is off the hook on this one. US Customs are the ones at fault.

May 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,780 of 8,309
My voshkod russian tubes arrived.. and the sound quality is really terrible.. I guess you get what you pay for since these were dirt cheap
Avoid this seller on ebay 
[size=small]
Seller: [size=inherit] [size=inherit]delax777mechanics[/size][/size]
[/size] VOSKHOD 6N23P= E88CC = 6DJ8 8 pcs
I guess I learned from this.. only buy tubes from reputable tube stores?

May 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #1,781 of 8,309
Quote:
My voshkod russian tubes arrived.. and the sound quality is really terrible..

Can you explain more how they sound? Are they broken or just bad sounding in general? If they are NOS they probably need some time. Also interested whether the different logo tubes have any sonic differences. Just popped in my rocket logo to confirm that it sounds very nice. Also your seller seems to have good feedback reputation?

May 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #1,782 of 8,309
Quote:
Does anyone have experience buying the T1 from Pennybuying on eBay? I ordered it about 2.5 weeks ago and the only tracking notification I've gotten is that the package has been accepted by China Post. Is this normal?

I'm also very excited to join the T1 club when it shows up. I also found a great seller in the Ukraine for the 6n23p tubes... got two of them for $25 shipped.

I bought from the same seller. It took some time until It was sent from Hong Kong airport, but not two and a half weeks... From the package was marked as shipped in eBay to I got it was 12 days (to Norway)

I Also bought the 6N23P voskhod tubes from Ukraine for 25$. They are great :)

May 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #1,784 of 8,309
Quote:

I bought from him, but he either sent me the wrong tracking number, or didn't send my package at all, so I waited 2-3 weeks to see a package sent to someone else's address. He did offer to ship it express via DHL after however, but I still had to pay a hefty duty, so my experience was kind of lackluster.

May 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,785 of 8,309
My mind was set to purchase a Fostex HP-A3, but then this black horse called Aune T1 grabbed my attention. Should I save 150 bucks for tube rolling and go with the Aune or stick with my original plan. Any toughts?

Usage: PC only with USB.
HP: Grado-SR80i (& possibly Klipsch Image X10 IEMS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back