Aune T1 Tube USD Dac with Xbox 360?
Sep 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Seatown10

New Head-Fier
Does this work at all? I'm a complete noob. I have a Aune T1 24 BIT Tube USB Dac with AKG K702's that I use for my PC.  

I was wondering if this setup will somehow work on my Xbox 360? I just have a monitor with one HDMI port so I'm trying to to get some sound while playing video games.

Thanks all!  

I honestly did search this and there is not a single thing on the internet about it. First time I haven't been able to find an answer to something using google.

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't know the specifics of the T1 but I am sure the answer is no. The Xbox would need to know how to use the USB device and I'm sure this has never been done. You would need a DAC that accepts optical as one of it's sources.

Sep 4, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 4
  Does this work at all? I'm a complete noob. I have a Aune T1 24 BIT Tube USB Dac with AKG K702's that I use for my PC.  
I was wondering if this setup will somehow work on my Xbox 360? I just have a monitor with one HDMI port so I'm trying to to get some sound while playing video games.
I honestly did search this and there is not a single thing on the internet about it. First time I haven't been able to find an answer to something using Google.

With only using the Aune itself, the best you could hope for is basic 2-channel stereo sound (no surround sound).
You could try setting the xBox 360 to basic 2-channel audio and plug the Aune into the Xbox's USB port.
The xBox might(?) "recognize" the Aune and feed it a basic 2-channel audio signal (maybe).

Or buy a used Turtle Beach DSS (off eBay), connect the DSSs optical and USB ports to the xBox and run a 3.5mm to RCA cable from the DSSs headphone output to the RCA audio inputs on the Aune (bypassing the Aune's DAC), the DSS would give you Headphone 5.1 Surround Sound

Or buy an Astro Mix-amp, it would connect to the xBox the same as the DSS, the Mix-amp should at least drive the K702's decently, or daisy chain the Mix-amp to the Aune, some analog 3.5mm to RCA connection as the DSS.

Pick up a used Yamaha receiver, with HDMI input/output, run HDMI from xBox to Yamaha, then HDMI from Yamaha to monitor, plug K702s into Yamaha receivers headphone jack.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 4
CLEAR! 

You could use this optical converter to make the signal from your xbox coverted to analog and use the Aune's RCA inputs. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-optical-coaxial-digital-audio-to-analog-audio-converter-black/6867159.p?id=1218810049491&skuId=6867159

Users who are viewing this thread

Back