Aune T1 question?
May 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Blaalad12

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,Just received my Aune T1 but the plug doesnt seem to go in to the uk adapter or am i missing something here? 

Oh and what is the switch at the back for that says "sw" ?? 

Cheers

May 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 15
SW = Power on/off

May 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:
SW = Power on/off

Haha i feel so stupid, Although i did infact switch that on n off and didnt seem to do anything , Anyhow i have it powered on now!! Ive selected "usb dac" for my ouput but do i need to do the same for input? Theres 3 options (Line in, usb external line connector and external spdif interface) ??

May 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
Haha i feel so stupid, Although i did infact switch that on n off and didnt seem to do anything , Anyhow i have it powered on now!! Ive selected "usb dac" for my ouput but do i need to do the same for input? Theres 3 options (Line in, usb external line connector and external spdif interface) ??

The T1 is a Tube dac with Solid state headphone amp, if you want to take advantage of the tube dac, you must use the USB input

May 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 15
Good, happy listening! 
cool.gif

May 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 15
Just to add , Is it better to have the volume up full on the comp and control it from the amp? or have it up fully on the amp and control it from the comp? The latter is handier but i think i read somewhere its best to leave it up full on the comp although not sure if there is even a difference to be honest? 

Any thoughts? 

May 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #9 of 15
Yes, its better to have the volume at least 70% on the PC, and control it with the amp. 
Maxing out the source can introduce clipping. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #11 of 15
Another nubie here.

How much orange glow am I to expect with the Aune T1? I see pictures, but I know that some of that glow is LED-created and also by virtue of photo exposure.  (I've never had a tube Dac before and do not have the luxury of friends who appreciate good sound--a whole other topic.)  Basically, how can I tell if it's working properly?  I've tried two tubes, with same results.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #12 of 15
Another nubie here.

How much orange glow am I to expect with the Aune T1? I see pictures, but I know that some of that glow is LED-created and also by virtue of photo exposure.  (I've never had a tube Dac before and do not have the luxury of friends who appreciate good sound--a whole other topic.)  Basically, how can I tell if it's working properly?  I've tried two tubes, with same results.

Most of the glow in this unit comes from the LED. The tube is used as a buffer which gives the sound its smooth "tube like" character. The tube is, thus doing less work and this is apparently the reason for the less glow. Don't worry, if you are using the USB and sound is coming out, the tube is working. It will take a bit of listening to get used to hearing some of the differences but the Aune is a great little dac/amp. Once you are used to it you will begin to hear a difference when you switch tubes.
By the way, you should read the Aune T1 thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq you wil find every question answered there. The thread starter is a great place to start.
So i understand how a tube amp is different to a SS one but how does a tube DAC differ from a solis state dac?

As I said above the tube in this dac ads the smooth quality to the SS equipment it doesn't power the dac. But don't worry, this isn't a gimmick. The T1 sounds great.

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #14 of 15
Thanks!  So, I have a lot to learn with my current set-up: T1 and Asgard 2. Or, should I just use the T1?

I don't know what headphones you intend to use but the Aune T1 should drive all but the most demanding (eg Sennheiser HD800, Beyerdynamic T1) but if you have phones that cost more than $1000 you should be looking elsewhere anyway. I wouldn't buy something like the Schiit Asgard 2 initially. Check out your phones on the Aune first. Read the thread I mentioned. The search thread function should help you find info on how your phones should do with the Aune. I think you may be pleasantly surprised. There are also threads devoted to Schiit products, Woo products and almost anything else you want to read about! This is a huge site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back