Aune s5, new versatile transport.
Sep 13, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #24 of 28
Just build your Pc already :D, that HQPlayer is awesome
Well, I am not a PC handyman, esp after years of using Mac I am PC illiterate. :frowning2: However I am now thinking of running Windows on My Mac. Would a Fidelizer be able to optimize enough running windows? Audirvana on the new Mac sucks due to loss of direct mode. I may try running HQplayer on windows

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #26 of 28
I know it's quite old topic of this Aune S5, just to update of my purchase after early trip to China.
This product is just 20% baked with no tech support actually, my $600 in the drain.

Regardless how promising the sales online chatting wass, once I did the purchase I realized a)Aune's own android/IOS app is literally no use, can't display in folder arrangement at all regardless NAS or local. Neither with Bubleupnp etc..
d)with their own PS Audio i2S firmware update, unfortunately channel/polarity with DSD is totally wrong and no way to sort out from my own system (my PS DSD has polarity switch, and I even tried swapping the speaker input)
c)i have been talking to their online QQ tech support for about half an year. I need to repeat the problem eveytime. At the end the person on the other side told me the problem I have wouldn't be solved in due course as they have their own priority.

In short just don't wast $ on Aune products.

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #27 of 28
The Aune S5 looks good on paper, but in the real world it is a lousy product (based on my experience last year). If you want a good streamer without built-in DAC, and your DAC has a good USB input, please consider Innuos lines of products. The higher end models are not cheap, but the entry level models are better than building your own PC-based playback device at about the same price.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #28 of 28
The Aune S5 looks good on paper, but in the real world it is a lousy product (based on my experience last year). If you want a good streamer without built-in DAC, and your DAC has a good USB input, please consider Innuos lines of products. The higher end models are not cheap, but the entry level models are better than building your own PC-based playback device at about the same price.
Well depends, you can always build your own though PC, but it depends on the budget I guess. A NUC is about $400-$500 to start correct ? I would say one can do a decent one for about $1000 including an external LPS (if you search around you may get good one for $200). YOu need a good USB bridge for your PC.
Perhaps also can check out mini-DSP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back