Aune S17 pro
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #1,831 of 2,486
Lato już niedługo, więc zobaczymy. Najwyższa temperatura, jaką miałem w pokoju w tym roku, wyniosła 24 stopnie, a moje urządzenie nie przekroczyło 61 stopni przy 100 mA, jak tam podawałem . Jednak w ostatnich latach lata były dość gorące, łatwo przekraczając 30 stopni, więc jestem ciekaw, jak to wpłynie na wzmacniacz.
Powiem Ci tylko teraz, że nawet nie możesz marzyć, że wzrośnie dokładnie o tyle, o ile temperatura w pomieszczeniu, bo wzrośnie znacznie bardziej, może nie do kwadratu, ale przejście na 50mA jest w Twoim banku.

Mar 18, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #1,832 of 2,486
Thanks to everyone for getting back to me on the different questions.

@Currawong That's really useful feedback good sir here. If from what you are hearing, the M19 is fairly close to the S17...That is something definetly to keep in mind. Again, I like warm type of amp and it is in Europe for 300 euros more...But if I can leave the amp in the best conditions on most of the time, that is an option to keep in mind. I think you are working on a review for this device? Really interested to see how you will approach this 50/100ma thing. What do you think on the difference of sound? do you hear something significant on your end?

For the fan, does anyone would be kind enough to link what fan and AC (adapters) and variable rate they are using?
I will think to get this for myself and see what we can do.

The bass though on this amp at 100ma is really great and impactful! My HD 650 and LCD 2C really sings on this amp...
Aune did a great job disging the amp itself...too bad they didn't work out the cooling design.

Personally, I feel the 50 ma sound is a bit more brittle in the treble region and bass lose some of its heft.
As always, it is not night and day of course but I think if we are in this gig, we are after evertthing we can get from the hardware so...it is a bit frustrating to work in 50 ma when you do enjoy the amp at 100ma...

Thanks again for your feedback.

Mar 18, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #1,833 of 2,486
The units in warm places are the ones that overheat.

Well, yes and no. I still wouldn't describe the NYC area as exactly warm ATM, but external temperatures in the last couple of days warmed to around 70°F or roughly 21°C (they are expected to decrease to more normal March levels this week). The S17 has been heating up noticeably faster, though it still takes a couple of hours or more to reach 67°. At that point, I turn the three speed 120mm fan I have on top of the S17 on at low (it's inaudible to me unless I put my ear within a couple of inches with no music playing) which cools it down to below 60° in around twenty minutes, at which point I switch it off.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #1,835 of 2,486
It's Class A, so just leave it switched on for a couple of days and see how it is then. The other thing is, many amps change how they sound after they've warmed up vs. cold. Resistors, for example, will change their values slightly as they get warm, enough to measurably alter the output.

That is not how amplifiers work.
The RCA inputs will go through a phase splitter to be converted to balanced for the circuit. The only thing you might lose is some gain (so you'll have to turn the volume higher), but that's not power. It's the non-balanced headphone output that only uses half the amplifier, and wont have as much power, which is what you see on the spec sheet. 😀

The Audio-gd "house sound" is of the amp not being there at all. There may be subtle differences, but I'd predict the M19 will be similar to the S17, going by a quick comparison I've done to the amp in the R-27HE and the S17.
Some thoughts about the signal levels. This is important I guess only, if it's so and so, is there enough headroom to use. Ain't it so that e.g 5.0 v balanced output signal is twice the level of 2.5v output signal usually unbalanced rca. If I understand right, from headphone output, balanced or SE, 5v signal sounds 3 db louder than 2.5 v signal.
In this thread has been a lot of talk about Aune's heating up. So when operating with higher power output levels I guess this 5v - 2.5v difference might be of real importance. E.g is Aune working with 2 w rms or 4 w rms levels. Ain't Aune getting hotter and quicker hot when using double power?

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #1,836 of 2,486
I just want to update my post :"D. My S17 doesn't have any heat issues, the device still operates fine at 100mA for 4-5 hours. I'm not sure if my device is the latest manufactured, but this is the firmware displayed in my S17. For those who don't know, you can hold the volume button and power on the device, then the firmware will be displayed :"D
z5262293396205_a08424c8ef33f8c9528b17763bc91d1e.jpg

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #1,837 of 2,486
I just want to update my post :"D. My S17 doesn't have any heat issues, the device still operates fine at 100mA for 4-5 hours. I'm not sure if my device is the latest manufactured, but this is the firmware displayed in my S17. For those who don't know, you can hold the volume button and power on the device, then the firmware will be displayed :"D
Be interesting to hear some other firmware #'s. Especially from the "warmer" people on the board. :smile:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #1,838 of 2,486
Now, that is interesting!

IMG_4512.jpg

I have the 2023.10.19 V5.3
I don't have the volume problem....or at least this is not much an issue for me.
But yes I have the heat issue....
@huyrua811 , you don't use any fan or specific manipulation to keep the amp cool?

I assume the firmware requires some factory or sellers update as there are no USB ports for this....
Really thinking more and more to send back my device.

@AuneAudio we would really like some comments on this for customers having old firmware like mine and what is best to do.
I suppose I can raise a case directly to Aune's support...

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #1,839 of 2,486
Mine says 2023.10.19 V5.3. But it's really cool, doesn't exceed 61 degrees C being on for 10 hours or more in 100mA.

I don't have the volume problem....or at least this is not much an issue for me.
So it's not firmware.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #1,840 of 2,486
Mine says 2023.10.19 V5.3. But it's really cool, doesn't exceed 61 degrees C being on for 10 hours or more in 100mA.

So it's not firmware.
Interesting.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #1,842 of 2,486
Interesting.
It is, I tried to find some pattern, but it seems completely random.

@risingsun1981 When did you buy your unit? Mine was bought in December, no idea when it was produced though as it has the October firmware. (How many versions were there?) My last guess is they did some kind of ninja-improvement of the cooling system near the end of last year.

But if someone shows up with a heating problem and the latest firmware, then I give up.

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #1,843 of 2,486

IMG_4512.jpg

@huyrua811 , you don't use any fan or specific manipulation to keep the amp cool?

I assume the firmware requires some factory or sellers update as there are no USB ports for this....

@AuneAudio we would really like some comments on this for customers having old firmware like mine and what is best to do.
Yes, I don't use a fan. I come from a tropical country and my S17 was purchased from Aune's official distributor in my area. The S17 is driving XS, and I don't see any abnormal temperature increase. Most of the time it runs at 100mA around 61°C. And my air conditioning is set at around 25-26°C because I can't tolerate feeling too cold :"D

So it's not firmware.
Yes, my temperature is almost the same as yours. I think anyone buying new should deserve to have the latest firmware version of the device, that's why I'm sharing :"D

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #1,844 of 2,486

IMG_4512.jpg

I have the same firmware as you and no volume or heat issues!
I mean... I can run it at 100ma, High or Low gain, for 8-10h and nerver went above 64º, room temprature ~22º and isoacustic feet (2,5cm)

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #1,845 of 2,486
It's the exact opposite impression I had when first turning it on, switching from the Earmen ST-Amp and The HFM EF400. I bought it slightly used, though, 2 months old, so if a break-in is a thing, it was already done.

Maybe there's something wrong with your unit. The S17 Pro sounding thin doesn't seem right, especially it overheating after 30 minutes. It's extreme even for this amp.
Maybe in comparison it does, to me also the dynamics of this amp where an improvement over my Drop + SMSL HO150X amp and my Schiit Magni+, but I don't have a hybrid tube amp to make this comparison and never use one so I don't have a frame of reference in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back