Aune S17 pro
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #1,352 of 2,408
To check your S17 firmware version Holding the volum button and turn on the device.
Just wondering, what version is running on the units that come with over-heating issued.
I will check that once I'm back home, I don't have an over-heating issue with my unit, but things have been kinda of chilly right now where I live, we'll have to wait and see once summer hits if a have problems with keeping temps on a manageable level without having to turn on my cooling fans.

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #1,353 of 2,408
1000079667.jpg

It does need a fan to run at 100ma for more than one hour, but then the room temperature is around 30 °C. No other "issue" whatsoever.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #1,354 of 2,408
To check your S17 firmware version Holding the volum button and turn on the device.
Just wondering, what version is running on the units that come with over-heating issued.
Good to know, thanks, that's useful for comparisons.

Mine is 23.06.19 v5.2 - it has the volume issue but runs happily all night at 58 degrees in 100ma mode with my XS. I just set the volume to 63, control it from my DAC, and enjoy the lovely sounds. (The S17 showed 20 degrees when I switched it on.)

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #1,355 of 2,408
I have the same version (10.19 V5.3) and have never seen the amp rise past 65° even after being on for as much as 6-7 hours. Well, until yesterday when the outdoor temperature here warmed a bit to around 60°F (sorry, I guess that's around 15°C to those who aren't dumb Americans like me), the warmest I think it's been since I got the S17 in mid-November. The amp rose to 67° (again, only after a number of hours). Since this may be a small indication of thing to come when it eventually really warms up here in spring and summer, I ordered a fan from Amazon as well as a cheap temperature monitor--mostly just out of curiosity; I did put a free temp monitor app on my phone recently, but doubt it is very accurate. (I'm not even sure if my phone, OnePlus Eleven, even has an ambient temperature sensor.)

BTW, does anyone know if this firmware has the revised volume profile? It seems to by ear (volume seems to increase with each two step increase) but that may be the power of suggestion.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,356 of 2,408
Deleted. Accidental post.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #1,357 of 2,408
I have the same version and have never seen the amp rise past 65° even after being on for as much as 6-7 hours. Well, until yesterday when the outdoor temperature here warmed a bit to around 60°F (sorry, I guess that's around 15°C to those who aren't dumb Americans like me), the warmest I think it's been since I got the S17 in mid-November. The amp rose to 67° (again, only after a number of hours). Since this may be a small indication of thing to come when it eventually really warms up here in spring and summer, I ordered a fan from Amazon as well as a cheap temperature monitor--mostly just out of curiosity; I did put a free temp monitor app on my phone recently, but doubt it is very accurate. (I'm not even sure if my phone, OnePlus Eleven, even has an ambient temperature sensor.)

BTW, does anyone know if this firmware has the revised volume profile? It seems to by ear (volume seems to increase with each two step increase) but that may be the power of suggestion.
Yes, two steps. Now I have 20 C inside and no more than 65C on device (10 hours)

Feb 13, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #1,358 of 2,408
S17 is a Class A amp. If you don't know what that entails, in a word- hot. Class A is sitting there full bore at all times.
So, are y'all saying that a firmware update lowered temps?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #1,359 of 2,408
Mine is on firmware 2023.10.19 V5.3 ("new" volume stepping) and would overheat in 100mA-mode in an hour or so without my fans at 21 C room temperature. I doubt that the heat issues are related to firmware unless a sensor is somehow misread - what I am not believing.

Feb 13, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #1,361 of 2,408
One of user group in south Korea says, latest firmware fixed their volume and heating issues. Possibly this change may affect the sound quality slightly.

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #1,364 of 2,408
haha.. that could be the their fix. Or they may reduced the operating power from 100ma to 75ma. This is the reason new firmware may affect the sound quality. :)
that would be pretty crappy. if thats the case id rather have a fan on it and keep the 100ma.

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #1,365 of 2,408
This is my firmware version, seems to be the new one and I don’t have temp problems and the volume issues, but there’s some caveats

I reported on this very thread that my amp would go nuts with the temp if I used the long xlr cable that comes stock with the focal clear’s and also another 4.4mm balanced after-market cable that I bought for my koss kph40’s(this was the most problematic by far, temps shot up crazy fast with this one). Changed cables and the temp problem went away.

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back