Aune S17 pro
Feb 9, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #1,321 of 2,490
to upgrade from singxer sa-1?
Aune s17 Pro is one step higher in level than Singxer sa-1. It is immediately audible by the sound quality.

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #1,322 of 2,490
They are both great amplifiers.
I found that S17 has more presence, control and punch in the low end and is more forgiving for brighter headphones like some Beyerdynamics models.
S17 betters Sa-1 in driving ‘difficult/demanding’ headphones like HE6se.
… I expect the hd6xx to be a good match for both with the forementioned (subtle) sonic advantages for the S17.
Can confirm, It's an absolutely lovely match for my modded 6XX, just installed dekoni hybrid elite pads on my pair, again, as with the copper weights from Custom Cans, running from the S17, take this cans to a whole different level

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #1,323 of 2,490
Then it´s not worth the price tag, to upgrade from singxer sa-1? I am curious to try the amp, and the Fiio K9 AKM, Aune S9c have no gain modes, throw me some off there.
I find the hd600 balanced with singxer sa-1 not having the widest soundstage, sounds clinical, some harsh without EQ. SE mode sounds almost better sometimes.
My 6XX, take in mind that mine are modded, but if you use the 100ma, oooofffff, they hit HARD and none fatiguing in the treble region and incredibly engaging, and I didn't even have to switched to high gain to run them at their full capabilities.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #1,324 of 2,490
Hi, What type of battery is required for the remote control? Thanks
It doesn't look as if you got an answer so I just popped mine open - CR1220 (3v lithium cell). You'll need a T5 Torx driver to open it.

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #1,325 of 2,490
I've tried Arya Organic, HE1000Stealth, HE1000SE... between Arya Organic and He1000Stealth, I felt it was more of side grade as in not better or worse, but different characteristics. HE1000SE to me was bit of improvement over either for detail and staging but not huge one to be honest. At the time my chain might not have been best to push this cans to limit (Aune S9c, Denafrips Ares 12th-1 with Aune S17c). If I were in your shoes, I would probably try to get some demo to see which sound you do like with your source chain. As well as we can't speak for your preference especially on high frequency people complain about in hifiman which I am not too bothered with. I can still hear 12khz when I test my ears but I am not bothered by so called brightness of some Hifiman people complain about...
Thank you, that's a very useful point of view as there do seem to be many similarities between them. I'm also considering the LCD-X as a possibility but I am so happy with my XS that I'm in no rush, they have grown with me and several people have said that they offer 90-95% of the Arya. I'm pretty old now and have lost most of my high frequencies so Hifiman's brightness is an advantage here. :)

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #1,326 of 2,490
They are both great amplifiers.
I found that S17 has more presence, control and punch in the low end and is more forgiving for brighter headphones like some Beyerdynamics models.
S17 betters Sa-1 in driving ‘difficult/demanding’ headphones like HE6se.
… I expect the hd6xx to be a good match for both with the forementioned (subtle) sonic advantages for the S17.
I also have a pair of DT880s modded by Custom Cans to run them balanced from my S17, and I'm afraid to report that the treble doesn't get any better from the S17, I was listening to one of my favorite mexican singers, Luis Miguel, singing Mañana de Carnaval and the sibilance is piercing to the point of being unlistenable, something that doesn't happen in other cans that I have at my disposal.

It doesn't happen with every singer and in every song, but when I does happen, oh man!, prepare to cringe hard.

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #1,327 of 2,490
I also have a pair of DT880s modded by Custom Cans to run them balanced from my S17, and I'm afraid to report that the treble doesn't get any better from the S17, I was listening to one of my favorite mexican singers, Luis Miguel, singing Mañana de Carnaval and the sibilance is piercing to the point of being unlistenable, something that doesn't happen in other cans that I have at my disposal.

It doesn't happen with every singer and in every song, but when I does happen, oh man!, prepare to cringe hard.
Lol. Sibilance reference material.

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #1,328 of 2,490
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #1,329 of 2,490
Feb 10, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #1,330 of 2,490
I preperation for my S17 i took some parts i had at home to make a cooler. Its an 200mm Noctua fan, all metal standoffs with heavy duty dampeners.
It feels very sturdy, will hold the weight no problem but i will do some tests with weights anyway. Not very good looking thought :p

If it works good i will probably make a nicer one with thicker anodized hardware in some cool color, larger dampeners and a Black Noctua.

IMG_2641.jpg

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #1,331 of 2,490
I had a similar idea. Pretty crazy but it even occurred to me to ponder on a water-cooled solution. I think the 120mm/140mm fan should suffice though.

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #1,333 of 2,490
Aw- good point. A big ass 200mm (black) Noctua is probably the best answer. Moves a lot of air quietly.

Feb 10, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #1,335 of 2,490
Remember not to over-cool it though, it needs to run hot and my guess is that 58-60 degrees is the sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back