Aune S17 pro
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #1,307 of 2,490
Thanks, we all hear differently so it always comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. I bought my XS after reading reviews and have come to love the Hifiman sound so the Arya does seem like the logical upgrade but it's a big step up so I'll find a way of listening to them first this time.
HE1000 Stealth is better bro.

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #1,308 of 2,490
HE1000 Stealth is better bro.
Thanks. When I'm closer to upgrading I'll certainly consider it, I gather they're different in their sound signature so it'll be interesting to A-B them.

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #1,309 of 2,490
Thanks. When I'm closer to upgrading I'll certainly consider it, I gather they're different in their sound signature so it'll be interesting to A-B them.
I've tried Arya Organic, HE1000Stealth, HE1000SE... between Arya Organic and He1000Stealth, I felt it was more of side grade as in not better or worse, but different characteristics. HE1000SE to me was bit of improvement over either for detail and staging but not huge one to be honest. At the time my chain might not have been best to push this cans to limit (Aune S9c, Denafrips Ares 12th-1 with Aune S17c). If I were in your shoes, I would probably try to get some demo to see which sound you do like with your source chain. As well as we can't speak for your preference especially on high frequency people complain about in hifiman which I am not too bothered with. I can still hear 12khz when I test my ears but I am not bothered by so called brightness of some Hifiman people complain about...

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #1,310 of 2,490
I actually LOVE the Hifiman brightness bc to my ears it isnt "too bright" and is in fact quite lovely and filled with details.

Jinu's synopsis is pretty much spot on.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #1,311 of 2,490
I've tried Arya Organic, HE1000Stealth, HE1000SE... between Arya Organic and He1000Stealth, I felt it was more of side grade as in not better or worse, but different characteristics. HE1000SE to me was bit of improvement over either for detail and staging but not huge one to be honest. At the time my chain might not have been best to push this cans to limit (Aune S9c, Denafrips Ares 12th-1 with Aune S17c). If I were in your shoes, I would probably try to get some demo to see which sound you do like with your source chain. As well as we can't speak for your preference especially on high frequency people complain about in hifiman which I am not too bothered with. I can still hear 12khz when I test my ears but I am not bothered by so called brightness of some Hifiman people complain about...
Just did a 12khz tone test on youtube and apparently I can still hear that loud and clear, don't know if I like that tho.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #1,312 of 2,490
Just did a 12khz tone test on youtube and apparently I can still hear that loud and clear, don't know if I like that tho.
I can make it to 13.5k which as a 49 y/o aint bad I reckon.
But, like you said, it aint exactly a wonderful sound. But better to be able to hear than not.

So, hey, @jinu117 you didnt find the Stealths to be a good synergy with s17?
It seems weird that they wouldnt be just magical with the way everyone describes this amp.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #1,313 of 2,490
But, like you said, it aint exactly a wonderful sound. But better to be able to hear than not.

It seems weird that they wouldnt be just magical with the way everyone describes this amp.
Oh S17 was wonderful improvement over just using S9c with stealth. I think all the 3 Hifiman I tried was great match with S17. HE1000SE and HE1000 Stealth benefited more from it than Arya Organic in my opinion. Arya Organic was just fine in S9c and I wouldn't have spent the extra money in rest of chain if I was going to stick to Arya Organic. Of course, that is very subjective opinion of mine. (I thought Arya Organic sounded better than the other two in S9c... it was on S17 + Ares where it kind of swapped position).

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #1,314 of 2,490

Sounds like I'm having tinnitus tbh lol!!!! but yeah it's good that I can still hear that tone perfectly clear and without issues.

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #1,315 of 2,490
oh no, tinnitus suuuucks.

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #1,316 of 2,490
Oh S17 was wonderful improvement over just using S9c with stealth. I think all the 3 Hifiman I tried was great match with S17. HE1000SE and HE1000 Stealth benefited more from it than Arya Organic in my opinion. Arya Organic was just fine in S9c and I wouldn't have spent the extra money in rest of chain if I was going to stick to Arya Organic. Of course, that is very subjective opinion of mine. (I thought Arya Organic sounded better than the other two in S9c... it was on S17 + Ares where it kind of swapped position).
Thanks!

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #1,318 of 2,490
How do the amp compare to the singxer sa-1 with headphones of 300 ohms, hd6xx line up?
They are both great amplifiers.
I found that S17 has more presence, control and punch in the low end and is more forgiving for brighter headphones like some Beyerdynamics models.
S17 betters Sa-1 in driving ‘difficult/demanding’ headphones like HE6se.
… I expect the hd6xx to be a good match for both with the forementioned (subtle) sonic advantages for the S17.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #1,319 of 2,490
They are both great amplifiers.
I found that S17 has more presence, control and punch in the low end and is more forgiving for brighter headphones like some Beyerdynamics models.
S17 betters Sa-1 in driving ‘difficult/demanding’ headphones like HE6se.
… I expect the hd6xx to be a good match for both with the forementioned (subtle) sonic advantages for the S17.
Then it´s not worth the price tag, to upgrade from singxer sa-1? I am curious to try the amp, and the Fiio K9 AKM, Aune S9c have no gain modes, throw me some off there.
I find the hd600 balanced with singxer sa-1 not having the widest soundstage, sounds clinical, some harsh without EQ. SE mode sounds almost better sometimes.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #1,320 of 2,490
I will probably pull the trigger on an S17 Pro. I will buy it from a reputable local shop, its little more expensive but for peace of mind its worth it for me.
Now to the question, anyone using this amp with HD800S with the 3M OG balanced cable? Want to know if there is any issues with noise.

Also they are made in January so should have the new volume-programming?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• DP42
Back