Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Oct 5, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #633 of 824
Has anyone seen this?

Aune m1s
M1S 32BIT/DSD Music player
As the second generation product of the popular aune M1 , M1s adopts simple and small shape design ,using asynchronous clock technology and the latest F7 pure hardware solution framework.It is the first time to use the synchronization ES9018K2M ,it is a high-end mini Hi-Fi player with balanced output .

Thanks. Any news on the release date? 

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #634 of 824
Upgraded to 1.30 from 1.23

• all files and folders are now alphabetically ordered
  • cue files plays correctly
  • still doesn't recognize my Sandisk 200GB
  • SQ remains similar..still excellent :D

Hmm. My unit runs on 1.22 and it reads 200gb formatted on fat32. Does that mean if I upgrade to 1.30 there is a risk that my unit won't recognize the 200gb card?

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #635 of 824
Hmm. My unit runs on 1.22 and it reads 200gb formatted on fat32. Does that mean if I upgrade to 1.30 there is a risk that my unit won't recognize the 200gb card?

Sorry, mine is not a direct answer.  I expect a strong participation of @AuneAudio in this thread, especially as this thread is dealing with one of their DAPs(flagship). Most of the firmware updates are posted by members here (thanks to all of them), And I wish queries like this, which carps has, can be answered  properly by @AuneAudio, as he is the representative of Aune in this forum. 

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #638 of 824
By the way. Which one did you guys install. The one on the top row with 8.81mb or the one on the 4th row with with 5.84mb

Hi
I did the 5.84 mb. The one on top didn't work for me.

I could have been just my card being formatted other than fat32 or could be the different brand. I might have to reformat all over again.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #640 of 824
Stopped by the AUNE booth at RMAF today to meet Candy and grab a listen to M1S and M2 PRO with my UM Maestro.

M1S is a nice little DAP for $200. Sounds good, has basically the same simple GUI as M2, and I like the new hardware interface with a D-pad + center button. I think I'll be getting one on for review soon.

M2 Pro was fantastic. Takes the M2 to a whole new level. Such a nice full, rich sound with good detail retrieval. Great but for $500 if you're okay with the bare bones interface. I'm hoping Barra stopped by for a listen!

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #641 of 824
Stopped by the AUNE booth at RMAF today to meet Candy and grab a listen to M1S and M2 PRO with my UM Maestro.

M1S is a nice little DAP for $200. Sounds good, has basically the same simple GUI as M2, and I like the new hardware interface with a D-pad + center button. I think I'll be getting one on for review soon.

M2 Pro was fantastic. Takes the M2 to a whole new level. Such a nice full, rich sound with good detail retrieval. Great but for $500 if you're okay with the bare bones interface. I'm hoping Barra stopped by for a listen!

Did and I agree, the pro is another level, but I may just go plain and save the additional. The plain is outstanding by itself enough to forgive the UI and design, but at 550, I want a little more design.

Sorry I missed you today, kept getting distracted. :blush:

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #643 of 824
Did and I agree, the pro is another level, but I may just go plain and save the additional. The plain is outstanding by itself enough to forgive the UI and design, but at 550, I want a little more design.

Sorry I missed you today, kept getting distracted. :blush:

No worries. I was hoping they'd have the iem ready to try out but no such luck. I imagine they'll send me some to test out in the near future...

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #644 of 824
It works!
The folders are now alphabetically arranged. Hopefully it also arranges newer folders that are added
What's best is that it reads my 200gb!

Good for you. May I ask what kind/ brand of SD card are you using? I probably need to get a different one.

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #645 of 824
As an aside, the AR rep told me that he's found that Samsung mSD cards are the most stable he's tried - at least with AR DAPs. Personally, I've used Patriot, PNY, and SanDisk. One of the SanDisk got corrupted, but that's out of many. None have given me issues in any of the DAPs I've tried them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back