Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Feb 28, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #1,951 of 1,991
I don't understand why the 3.5mm is so crappy compare to the 2.5mm output. Even my HifimeDiy dac which has the same dac inside has a way better 3.5mm output sound...It's like they based the dap in with the sole purpose to maximise the balance output while they neglected the regular one totally.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #1,954 of 1,991
If only people knew how good this little player is. I'm enjoying it more than Mojo, if only I could connect it to a computer and use it as a DAC. Purchasing music that I already have access to on Apple music is unecessary as I don't use it outside my house. The dac section is amazing considering its small size.

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #1,959 of 1,991
If only people knew how good this little player is. I'm enjoying it more than Mojo, if only I could connect it to a computer and use it as a DAC. Purchasing music that I already have access to on Apple music is unecessary as I don't use it outside my house. The dac section is amazing considering its small size.

Wow, that's pretty high praise. I was thinking of getting a Mojo myself. What aspects of the sounds do you prefer about the M1s over the Mojo?

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,960 of 1,991
Wow, that's pretty high praise. I was thinking of getting a Mojo myself. What aspects of the sounds do you prefer about the M1s over the Mojo?
Mojo is a very good device but sometimes I have the feeling its missing the excitement, especially on low volume. The ESS dac in M1s has the energy I wan't. Possibly one of those personal preferences thing. I find the amp section nothing special in the M1s, still very good but connecting it via line out to a dedicated amp and it surprises me that a small player is inputing signal that good. For what its designed to do its amazing.

Sep 13, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,961 of 1,991
I'm tired of asking aune for bug fixes and firmware upgrades for this player. Bad programmers have spoiled all the work of talented radio engineers. So I had to sell this player and forget it, like a nightmare. I will never buy aune products again! I wish all forum users peace and well ...

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,962 of 1,991
Mojo is a very good device but sometimes I have the feeling its missing the excitement, especially on low volume. The ESS dac in M1s has the energy I wan't. Possibly one of those personal preferences thing. I find the amp section nothing special in the M1s, still very good but connecting it via line out to a dedicated amp and it surprises me that a small player is inputing signal that good. For what its designed to do its amazing.

Yes that's a valid point. I suspect the Mojo maybe more nuanced but I find that because portable DACs are often used in less than ideal environments (e.g. outdoors, public transit, etc) that those attributes don't always shine through and a more dynamic presentation is better suited to noisier surroundings. I agree with you about the output level, I love plugging the M1s into the AUX input of my car stereo, it sounds great (far better than an iPod via USB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back