Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jan 25, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #1,941 of 1,991
I just got the Aune m1s and a Campfire Andromeda.

Wow, this precision, expansive soundstage, balanced sound, thick tone, smooth and detailled at the same time...really, i cannot see one single flaw in this combo. Maybe that...the in ear lack the soundstage of my previous He6, but i hardly can ask for that.

I'm florred.

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #1,942 of 1,991
I just got the Aune m1s and a Campfire Andromeda.

Wow, this precision, expansive soundstage, balanced sound, thick tone, smooth and detailled at the same time...really, i cannot see one single flaw in this combo. Maybe that...the in ear lack the soundstage of my previous He6, but i hardly can ask for that.

I'm florred.

Works great as a portable balanced DAP. Either use a balanced cable for your HP or IEM or use the 2.5mm HP out as a balanced line out for a dedicated amp. It poisoned the hell out of me when I got to try it with SMSL SAP-9 balanced amp!

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1,945 of 1,991
I’m trying to figure that out too...
Any news on what the update does?

I own an Aune M1S for almost two years now, bought another DAP in between (Shanling M0 which is also good in its own way, particularly portability and responsiveness of the makers to firmware requests), but still return to the Aune for the sound quality. The sheer authoritativeness of the music is unparalleled and a joy to listen to; I'm happy to overlook the slight blemishes in the firmware.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #1,946 of 1,991
Hi guys.
I´m looking for a balanced DAP to replace my Megamini.
Is M1S still a good buy in 2019? I can get it for $145.
Or should I rather look for something like Hiby R3?
I know R3 has superior software and although I could use an EQ sometimes, I´m ok without it.
I´m afraid that these modern DAPs sacrifice sound quality for their functionality, but haven´t found any comparison yet.

Thank you for you help :)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #1,947 of 1,991
... i would buy it. I think for 145 bucks it is a very good deal. I just bought a second one and payed nearly € 300. I use it with a Sennheiser HD650/600 on the balanced Output. I love it for the very sweet mids. I also own an iBasso dx 200, in my opinion it is not better, just different, more spacy and powerfull but not so sweet in the mids and highs.
i.
Is M1S still a good buy in 2019? I can get it for $145.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back