Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Sep 17, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #1,922 of 1,991
I recently purchased a 2.5mm balanced cable for my M1S + Sony XBA-A2 and holy cow, I couldn't believe what I had been missing out for over a year :O. The soundstage seems smaller but the sound is much more detailed. I wish I still had my sony hybrid eartips tho, they were so good. I'm currently using Spinfit CP100 but looking into Symbio and Sony Triple Comfort ones.

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #1,923 of 1,991
FB_IMG_1537251078448.jpg

Sep 25, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,926 of 1,991
I have received this miracle a day ago and cannot figure out couple things, can you help me guys, please?!
1) Is it possible to use M1S as external dac?
2) The DAP do not see any folder deeper than 5th from the root one. The firmware is 1.08. Is it firmware issue? DAP's itself? SD card (64гб OltraMax 10class)?

Sep 25, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #1,927 of 1,991
I have received this miracle a day ago and cannot figure out couple things, can you help me guys, please?!
1) Is it possible to use M1S as external dac?
2) The DAP do not see any folder deeper than 5th from the root one. The firmware is 1.08. Is it firmware issue? DAP's itself? SD card (64гб OltraMax 10class)?

1. As far as I know, there is no USB DAC function for the M1s.
2. It has been a persisting issue since the initial launch of this DAP. Having too much folders within folders will pretty much mess up your browsing on M1s. Personally, I keep mine to a maximum of 2 levels only on subfolders.

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #1,928 of 1,991
Was heartbroken when mine got stolen from a friends bag( she had borrowed it for a few weeks to get a taste of what a dap sounds like)
It turns out that another friend who recommended this to me was selling his bought around the same time..
SO now i got another one within a few days... had forgotten how awesome this player sounds.. especially albums with great production.
200GB sandisk exfat works perfectly. I needed to use a fat32 formatted card to upgrade firmware however(from 1.04 to 1.082) it was failing till then with "TF card not mountable"
Love this gem.! Lovely line out.

Nov 2, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,930 of 1,991
Guys/ Gals. I've only ever owned one DAP i.e. the Aune m1s... for the past year now. In terms of sound only - do any of you have other DAPs and if yes how do they compare to anything else you own (any price range).
I really love that all the black, death and other forms of congested metal music sounds so non-fatiguing and that's one of the main features for me.. apart from the completely hiss free black background which i am experiencing for the very first time ever. i didn't know the noise floor could get so low...
Also for me it's decently balanced (with the brightness not overtly coming through,.
I'm trying to get a feel of what other DAPs might sound like...
So my questions are mainly this :
Purely from a quality of sound perspective (based on what I mentioned I prefer)

1] Would any dedicated DAP always be better than say phone audio even at the very basic priced models? (Xduoo, basic Fiio etc) Or is the difference not too noticeable for the average listener.
2] What do you guys think the Aune M1s does not do well (again.. in terms of sound only)

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #1,931 of 1,991
Helo everyone, i just bought M1s , and i paired it with TFZ Exclusive King. i notice that the treeble section of the M1s feel a bit Thinny than player like AK100. especially on a guitar. i am on FW 1.06. Does anybody else feel the same like me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back