Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
May 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #1,216 of 1,991
For New Members who may not be aware, please only post in English as this is a English only forum. Thanks.

May 10, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #1,220 of 1,991
I need an advice. Should I buy the m1s or wait for the cayin n3 to arrive in my country? Thank you.

How much is your budget and what's your preference in sound signature? Let's avoid talking in our native language if it's not English. The thread moderator might give us a warning. Let's just use PM if we want to do so.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #1,221 of 1,991
How much is your budget and what's your preference in sound signature? Let's avoid talking in our native language if it's not English. The thread moderator might give us a warning. Let's just use PM we want to do so.

I really can't answer your question about my preference on sound signature because I'm a newbie and still learning. I have the Benjie T6 and I want to try another DAPs that has a wow factor. As for the budget, I think 150-220$ but I still want to save a lot more. Yes, we will not talk anymore on our native language, I apologize for that.

May 10, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #1,222 of 1,991
I really can't answer your question about my preference on sound signature because I'm a newbie and still learning. I have the Benjie T6 and I want to try another DAPs that has a wow factor. As for the budget, I think 150-220$ but I still want to save a lot more. Yes, we will not talk anymore on our native language, I apologize for that.

The M1s is a good option if you care more about the sound, and less about other features such as wifi (streaming), bluetooth, usb dac, etc. This DAP is for purists who just want to enjoy the sound. The UI is not flashy, awesome, or something like that. Instead, you'll get a minimalist display where you can access your music right away. You may want to consider the other contenders as well, especially if you're interested about the other additional features. The Shanling M2s and the Cayin N3 are both currently available in the market. The Hidizs AP200 will also launch soon. Not so sure about the AP200 but I think these last three DAPs I mentioned doesn't/won't have balanced out like the M1s. That's another feature you might want to consider.

By the way, I'm from the Philippines as well. You can PM me, maybe I can help with the basics though I'm not a pro neither a veteran/expert in this hobby.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #1,223 of 1,991
The M1s is a good option if you care more about the sound, and less about other features such as wifi (streaming), bluetooth, usb dac, etc. This DAP is for purists who just want to enjoy the sound. The UI is not flashy, awesome, or something like that. Instead, you'll get a minimalist display where you can access your music right away. You may want to consider the other contenders as well, especially if you're interested about the other additional features. The Shanling M2s and the Cayin N3 are both currently available in the market. The Hidizs AP200 will also launch soon. Not so sure about the AP200 but I think these last three DAPs I mentioned doesn't/won't have balanced out like the M1s. That's another feature you might want to consider.

By the way, I'm from the Philippines as well. You can PM me, maybe I can help with the basics though I'm not a pro neither an veteran/expert in this hobby.

Yup, I don't care about those features and I want also to try the balanced mode on m1s because many are saying that once you've tried balanced, there's no going back. I'm really tempted about it. One cons on m1s for me, it doesn't have an album art but I guess I can live without an album art. I guess I'll go for m1s and budget earbuds for starter and save again to buy other good earbuds.

Any suggestion for budget earbuds that is an all-arounder to pair with the m1s? My first option is the TY HI-z 32s, second is monk+.

Thank you.

May 10, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #1,224 of 1,991
Is the balanced Ibasso IT03 good with the m1s? I don't like IEMs but I want to try it in the future when the budget permits again. And how much does it cost with balanced cable? Philippine currency if it's ok.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #1,227 of 1,991
Yup, I don't care about those features and I want also to try the balanced mode on m1s because many are saying that once you've tried balanced, there's no going back. I'm really tempted about it. One cons on m1s for me, it doesn't have an album art but I guess I can live without an album art. I guess I'll go for m1s and budget earbuds for starter and save again to buy other good earbuds.

Any suggestion for budget earbuds that is an all-arounder to pair with the m1s? My first option is the TY HI-z 32s, second is monk+.

Thank you.

I'll go with the TY Hi Z 32ohms for more clarity on the mids - upper mids over the Monk Plus. Might as well try the balanced version if you're going to get the M1s.

Is the balanced Ibasso IT03 good with the m1s? I don't like IEMs but I want to try it in the future when the budget permits again. And how much does it cost with balanced cable? Philippine currency if it's ok.

I have both and they pair nicely. Soundstage is amazing since both have good amount on their own. Transparency and clarity are above average for me. Background is black and I haven't heard any hissing until now. I say they're a good match since they both don't colorize the sound that much.

yes it is very good Drinz Manlapaz have one but i preffer with my FLC8S with Balance Single Crystal Silver Cable

Haven't tried the FLC8s in balanced mode but I was already impressed with its SE output.

May 10, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #1,230 of 1,991

Users who are viewing this thread

Back