Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Apr 24, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #1,126 of 1,991

Thanks @jeffisflyboy.

I was having issues with my freshly-formatted SanDisk 100 GB card (FAT32 but not 64KB allocation size, with Aune's FAT32 formatter software on their website), where some folders (containing both PCM and DSD) were not detected and read by the Aune M1s.   I found this post, and reformatted the card to FAT32 with 64KB allocation size and that solved everything. 

May I ask is there a way to format my SanDisk 128gb class 10 micro sd card to 64kb allocation size on mac......I am not "good" at this field...?

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #1,127 of 1,991

How does it sound? Isn't it sibilant or hot sounding at treble?

Well it sound slightly transparent when compared to Cayin n3 which sounds warmer........as for sibilant......well it is ever so slightly reduced after recent update based on my ears, treble is quite neural and have tinge of coldness to it. The headphone that I used is Audio Technica ATH-M40x.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #1,130 of 1,991
  May I ask is there a way to format my SanDisk 128gb class 10 micro sd card to 64kb allocation size on mac......I am not "good" at this field...?

@Ver JJ, it seems that it is possible to reformat using Mac's Disk Utility (http://qsee.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2560/~/mac%3A-how-to-format-a-flash-drive-to-fat32-in-mac-os-x), but I do not use Mac, so I cannot be sure.

If this fails, perhaps you can ask a friend with Windows to help you do a quick format.

For Windows users, I downloaded it from http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/gjxzhz.html. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #1,131 of 1,991
I really appreciate that the M1s manage to be so transparent and "neutral" without ever sounding harsh or fatiguing, as always YMMV......

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #1,132 of 1,991
I really appreciate that the M1s manage to be so transparent and "neutral" without ever sounding harsh or fatiguing, as always YMMV......

I echo your observation @peter123.  Ever since I got my unit, transparency was the main quality that I noticed.  Further observations and comparisons also revealed how black the background is compared to my other DAPs.

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #1,133 of 1,991

@Ver JJ, it seems that it is possible to reformat using Mac's Disk Utility (http://qsee.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2560/~/mac%3A-how-to-format-a-flash-drive-to-fat32-in-mac-os-x), but I do not use Mac, so I cannot be sure.

If this fails, perhaps you can ask a friend with Windows to help you do a quick format.

For Windows users, I downloaded it from http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/gjxzhz.html. 

Well that was what I did but now I am having problem on determining what the allocation size of my Micro SD card is. I can find a software on mac that can do so, any idea?

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,135 of 1,991
  Well that was what I did but now I am having problem on determining what the allocation size of my Micro SD card is. I can find a software on mac that can do so, any idea?

Hi,

just format it with your Macs Disk Utility and forget about the allocation size, it works. You can use MS DOS Filesystem or ExFat. Firmware upgrades only work from MS DOS (Fat 32). Music Files can be played also from ExFat formatted Cards. I'm using a 128 Gig San Disk Ultra formatted in ExFat for Music Files and a 32 Gig SanDisk Ultra formatet in MS Dos (Fat 32) for Firmware upgrades, - both are formatted on my Mac Mini with Disk Utility from macOS Sierra.

sorry for my helpless english, it's not my native language.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1,138 of 1,991
128gb exfat for me, it's all fine 90%of the time except dirty cut off at the end of flac (noticeable only on some records who has no silence between tracks) and glitch on most of my dsf audio records: some just a bit, some unlistenable. thank god Thriller by M.Jackson is flawless.

By dirty cut off i mean as if if you pull out a jack very quickly. The sound stop and start again for a fraction of time before stopping completely.

It does not happen with mp3. The gap between tracks is clean cut.

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,139 of 1,991
128gb exfat for me, it's all fine 90%of the time except dirty cut off at the end of flac (noticeable only on some records who has no silence between tracks) and glitch on most of my dsf audio records: some just a bit, some unlistenable. thank god Thriller by M.Jackson is flawless.

By dirty cut off i mean as if if you pull out a jack very quickly. The sound stop and start again for a fraction of time before stopping completely.

It does not happen with mp3. The gap between tracks is clean cut.

My billy jean track in dsd64 is skipping with exfat. Is that the same for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back