Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Mar 19, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #886 of 1,991

Same with you, man.  Actually, I'm already satisfied.  Solve the music cut off and and add location based resume and I'm fine.  And I also wondered about the request of adding music categories (artists, albums, genre, etc.) for easier navigation.  It was already requested but still no idea if they will add such a feature.

Fixed that for ya! 
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #888 of 1,991
@AuneAudio I dont know if it's has been notified already or not, but i have trouble to display some folders, they only show has "?" and i cannot open them.
please find attached a full example of folders that are unopenable within the device:

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #891 of 1,991
Aune confirmed in one of the previous post that the number of characters in the file path is limited to 80. 

e.g.

hires/album_A/song_A.flac   -   is OK ()  ~26chars

number of folders is limited to more than 8000

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #892 of 1,991
  Thanks for the help. Not sure how rips from EAC can be of poor quality?! This is the only device I have ever had that was too snooty for EAC 100% rips... I am waiting for a reply from an employee  named Candy at aune. There has been zero response from them on these questions for me. Hoping that they acn tell me how I am expected to create a .cue that works with the M1s and if these issues are being addressed in a firmware update. I find it hard to believe that all 348 albums I have left on my card all have faulty .cue sheets. But I am not an expert at any of this, so perhaps the 600+ albums I have ripped over the years with EAC are wrong?! I sure hope not!! I will be sad.

The HIFIMAN HM700 choked on EAC FLAC rips also.  Hifiman acknowledged the problem and refused to fix it.  That's when I switched to dbpoweramp.

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #894 of 1,991
  Actually it plays all files just fine, it's the .cue/gapless playback that does not work for me. But I spoke with a woman there, she says the a new firmware is on the horizon and that there are several fixes and a couple of the issues that I brought up will be looked at.

That's good news.  Let's hope the fixes will be broad in coverage.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #896 of 1,991
I just purchase Aune M1S.
When I play wav file that ripped from my audio CD, the player body became warm. Is this normal?

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #897 of 1,991
  I just purchase Aune M1S.
When I play wav file that ripped from my audio CD, the player body became warm. Is this normal?

Depends. Is the DAP sitting on a heater at the time?
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #899 of 1,991
It's a pretty neutral and clinical player that does not add warmth to the sound like so many others. So pair it with an iem and what colour is added is just from the iems.
I pair it with the Angie and get stunning sound, slight warmth and reference balanced sound, pair it with the T-Peos and its cool and clinical. All my iems go great with it with zero hiss and black background. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back