Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jan 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #496 of 1,991
Hey, hey. Welcome to the club, my man!

So on the firmware front, Aune isn't slowing down anytime soon. I just pinged Shelly with a few suggestions she was shocked to get testing FW just over 24 hours later. I don't think Aune let's their engineers sleep, lol
eek.gif

Anyways, I think you guys are going to love the direction the firmware is going!

Glad to hear this, man.  Maybe they already learned from the M2 experience.  Heard some of my friends who owned the M2s, that the firmware development was somehow not consistent in solving the existing problems.  Not sure what's the current situation.  Hopefully, all their products get the proper attention for better sound quality and user experience.

Thanks for bugging them for the updates.  I'm excited to see the development of this DAP.  Hehehe!

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #497 of 1,991
Great to see manufacturers committing to firmware fixes after launch. Although the most glaring scan/skip track issue seems to be a physical issue with the buttons?

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #498 of 1,991
Great to see manufacturers committing to firmware fixes after launch. Although the most glaring scan/skip track issue seems to be a physical issue with the buttons?

Yes, ultimately its a hardware issue, but there are ways to "tune" how responsive the UI is to pressing the buttons on the d-pad. It's still not perfect after the FW updates, but it's getting better!

Some other improvements coming down the line are... remain paused when skipping tracks, faster REW/FFWD through tracks, skip to beginning of current song after 10 seconds of playtime have elapsed, and probably more to come...

Good job, AuneAudio!

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #499 of 1,991
I agree, AUNE did an outstanding job on the M1s. I really dont have any urge to buy another DAP in the future. DSD and Balanced has made me very happy. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #500 of 1,991
  I agree, AUNE did an outstanding job on the M1s. I really dont have any urge to buy another DAP in the future. DSD and Balanced has made me very happy. 

I feel the same.  Initially, I wanted to save up for the DX200 but now after having the M1s, there's no more urge to upgrade.  I'm pretty contented now with the balanced out from both my Opus#1 and M1s.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #501 of 1,991
I feel the same.  Initially, I wanted to save up for the DX200 but now after having the M1s, there's no more urge to upgrade.  I'm pretty contented now with the balanced out from both my Opus#1 and M1s.

Now Shanling needs to come out with an updated M5 with 2.5mm balanced :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #502 of 1,991
Hi there. I have few questions about M1s. Try to answer a qustions please, especially if you own M1s. Does anybody know if M1s supports USB DAC? I mean, if I can connect M1s via USB to my desktop/laptop and if I can play music, play games, etc. in this setup. If this setup is possible, what bit rates and bit resolutions are there over USB and what about input lag (delay between computer output and headphone sound). Does have M1s equalizer? And finally, what is the output impedance of 3,5 (not-balanced) headphone output? Tomas

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #503 of 1,991
  Hi there. I have few questions about M1s. Try to answer a qustions please, especially if you own M1s. Does anybody know if M1s supports USB DAC? I mean, if I can connect M1s via USB to my desktop/laptop and if I can play music, play games, etc. in this setup. If this setup is possible, what bit rates and bit resolutions are there over USB and what about input lag (delay between computer output and headphone sound). Does have M1s equalizer? And finally, what is the output impedance of 3,5 (not-balanced) headphone output? Tomas

M1s cannot be USB DAC. For other questions you might see through its specification or someone will answer you.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #504 of 1,991

This is exactly what I'm hoping for as well when my M1s arrives. It left HK today so hopefully I'll have it before the weekend......

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #506 of 1,991
Got a chance to try the DX200?  Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the M1s to confirm with mine.

No, unfortunately I haven't but I'm pretty hyped for the M1s :wink:

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #507 of 1,991

Hi, I own m1s. It's a hardware issue. It is not possible to play as USB dac.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #508 of 1,991
I concur with DHL, my M1s left HK yesterday and is out for delivery in Norway today!

Now I just have to prepare myself for the tax damage :wink:

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #509 of 1,991
Although I'm late to the party I'm finally available to join it :wink:

Thanks to AuneAudio and zhibli06for making it happen.

First impressions is that both package, build quality and design is very much to my liking. The silicone sleeves are dope and a must have imo. Fits like a glove and makes me more comfortable when carrying the player around.

GUI isn't exactly sexy but very easy to get a hold of and I really doesn't need more than this from a player at this price as long as it delivers on sound.

I've only been able to get a couple of hours listening from it so far. I've been trying it out through the balanced output with the Super Audio 6, HE400i and Monk+ Espresso and all of them sounds excellent. This player definitely has a lot lot to offer when it comes to sound but it's of course way too early to make any bold statements yet.

Speaking of the Monk+ Espresso they look pretty dope themselves:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back