Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jan 8, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #406 of 1,991
Nope.  They did contact me a short while ago asking if I want to test it, and I said ok.  But nothing was sent out.  To be honest, I haven't been able to focus even on a single full review to finish  up because I constantly getting distracted by new stuff I receive for testing and beta testing I do in parallel...  I figured, it will be one less product to worry about if I don't remind them :wink:

Tell them to send it to me, Alex. I'd love to see how it holds up against my Shanling M5, which has a similar chipset.

:wink_face:

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #411 of 1,991
Btw, Onkyo will present a budget small dap with balanced out, BT and touch screen
15965036_1273145816113228_8088366916249654889_n.jpg
15940463_1273145826113227_4222371975943636441_n.jpg

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #412 of 1,991
Balanced have a better separation, soundstage and power.. not for vocal, imho

Turns out that my headphones don't support a balanced output connection. That's why the sound was lopsided.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #414 of 1,991
yeah, balanced 4-pin connector

I have the adapter for one. Yet it's not sounding right. I assume that the headphones have to be internally wired to support a balanced signal/connection. Are there any headphones that support that?

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #415 of 1,991
I have the adapter for one. Yet it's not sounding right. I assume that the headphones have to be internally wired to support a balanced signal/connection. Are there any headphones that support that?

What headphones are you using?

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #416 of 1,991

yeah, balanced 4-pin connector

Hang on, what headphones are you using?  Do they have a removable cable?  If yes and it's 2pin, are you sure the polarity of pins is correct?  Also, are you sure you have your headphone cable plugged in all the way in?  Push it hard to make sure it's connected.  What adapter are you talking about about?  Maybe you have 3.5mm TRRS terminated balanced headphones (hifiman connector) and you are going to 2.5mm TRRS balanced (A&K) style and the adapter is broken?  Keep in mind, there could be an issue with an adapter, not just a cable.

Just please be more specific about what headphones and adapter you are using, maybe share pictures too?

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #417 of 1,991
Hang on, what headphones are you using?  Do they have a removable cable?  If yes and it's 2pin, are you sure the polarity of pins is correct?  Also, are you sure you have your headphone cable plugged in all the way in?  Push it hard to make sure it's connected.  What adapter are you talking about about?  Maybe you have 3.5mm TRRS terminated balanced headphones (hifiman connector) and you are going to 2.5mm TRRS balanced (A&K) style and the adapter is broken?  Keep in mind, there could be an issue with an adapter, not just a cable.

Just please be more specific about what headphones and adapter you are using, maybe share pictures too?

I'm using the HiFiman Edition S. The cable has a mic on it. Also the adapter I'm using is a 4 Pole 3.5mm female to 4 Pole 2.5mm male.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #418 of 1,991

FIDUE A83 2.5/3.5mm MMCX Silver-Plated Balanced Audiophile Earphone Cable
http://s.aliexpress.com/22U77jqE

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #419 of 1,991

I'm using the HiFiman Edition S. The cable has a mic on it. Also the adapter I'm using is a 4 Pole 3.5mm female to 4 Pole 2.5mm male.

OK, so I guessed it right after you mentioned a balanced adapter.  Well, there is a good chance you have an issue with your adapter or quite possibly you have 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS adapter instead of 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS.  That would result in improper connection of L/R channels and the symptom you are describing.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #420 of 1,991
OK, so I guessed it right after you mentioned a balanced adapter.  Well, there is a good chance you have an issue with your adapter or quite possibly you have 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS adapter instead of 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS.  That would result in improper connection of L/R channels and the symptom you are describing.

Okay. Thanks. Now I need to get a proper adapter. Here are some pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back